cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Loyalty Dollars

Lorraine8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I get switched to the new points system do my loyalty dollars convert to points? IE, I receive $5 off my monthly bill now. Will I receive 50 points for my past 5 years (and then 10 points per year thereafter)? 

5 REPLIES 5

So here's the thing @Lorraine8 , Public Mobile DID OFFER legacy reward customers 1 point for EVERY month they were a customer to switch to Public Points.

In your case, that would have amounted to at least 60 points, or $60 value.  (and MORE for every month you've been past 5 years here...)

Thing is, they removed that offering 1 day before announcing the mandatory change from all legacy reward customers to public points.

Ain't that sweet of them?  🙄

Lorraine8

I was never planning to switch myself - they'll have to drag me kicking and screaming all the way! 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Lorraine8 

Please do not switch to the new point system yourself. Everyone has their opinion about this and here is mine. There are, from my understanding, over 1000 CCTS complaints because of this change over. The last time over 1000 complaints went in to the CCTS, Public Mobile changed their stance. I'd hate to see you change over to the new Public Points only to have Public Mobile change course.  Let it happen naturally if it does happen. Just my thoughts.

Lorraine8

I think I've actually figured out the answer to my own question. I don't believe I would get 50 points for my past years because I've already been rewarded for those years. It would be nice if you were rewarded incrementally more points the more years you're with PM though. Say, after 5 years you get rewarded 12 points per year, after 10 years 14 points per year, etc... 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lorraine8 

the Loyalty Reward will be reduced to 10 Points ...once per year !!

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.