cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no! It looks like something went wrong when entering new Sim card Number

Bentaudio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I'm changing my wife's phone sim card - the original phone / sim card was lost in a house fire Friday night... These are crazy days. I have no problem finding the menu selection but when I enter the new number I get this message: 

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

I have retried over 10 times and checked the new Sim number each time. 

Tells me to log out and back in which I do. 

Any ideas most appreciated and thank you, 

John

8 REPLIES 8

@Bentaudio 

Others have recommended clearing cookies/cache - or just trying a different browser - and waiting a while so the webserver stuff can catch up between failed attempts.

But you should also disable your scriptblockers and adblockers to ensure maximum functionality when using account payment portals.

In my experience, Public Mobile Self-Serve is definitely not fully functional when AdblockPlus or Ghostery are running, though the "Shields" blocking features built into Brave browser don't seem to cause any issues. I've also had difficulties accessing Self-Serve through TOR and through VPNs, I don't really know why they'd cause issue but results speak for themselves.

You can also dial *611 (and enter your PIN) to access many Self-Serve functions. Though I'm not sure it can be used for SIM activations. Your other options are have to have a chat about support ticket with Simon bot or have a livechat with PM or to send a message to @CS_Agent .

Good to hear @Bentaudio 

Sometimes after a failed attempt, the system may boot you out from accessing some changes.

Usually 30-60 minutes 'resets' that capability.

Bentaudio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

Thank you all for the replies! 

Definitely was logged into self serve ok - all the account info was present. Good idea to check though and I appreciate that idea. 

I tried after waiting for 90 minutes and it worked the first time. Website glitch due to high traffic possibly. 

John

[Patience & persistence ......... Luddite]

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Bentaudio A lot of times Self-serve do not load properly. When you login, make sure you see your plan on the overview page. If it is blank, that means it did not load properly and you will run into errors. Using incognito/private browsing mode usually fixes this issue. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bentaudio , sorry to hear this.

If still having issues after suggestions given, maybe you can have the moderators help you out.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to:

Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Bentaudio 

Try clearing your cache/cookies/history. Close browser and open a new window in incognito mode/private mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crapperjack! Sorry to hear. Of all weeks of this ridiculous year. Dang

Are you trying to activate the sim or are you trying the Change SIM function in the self-serve?

Maybe try incognito/privacy mode or a different browser or clear cache/site cookies.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bentaudio wrote:

Hello!

I'm changing my wife's phone sim card - the original phone / sim card was lost in a house fire Friday night... These are crazy days. I have no problem finding the menu selection but when I enter the new number I get this message: 

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

I have retried over 10 times and checked the new Sim number each time. 

Tells me to log out and back in which I do. 

Any ideas most appreciated and thank you, 

John

@Bentaudio  hi sorry to hear of your trouble have you tried chrome  or a different browser?

Need Help? Let's chat.