cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP never arrives in my new number

Shapla1maple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activated my new line, Logged in, but full access OTP never arrives in my new number, I can receive calls, but cannot call anyone, all called number says”not in service”

17 REPLIES 17

Shapla1maple

🙂

Shapla1maple

Hmmm, I have similar hunch

@Shapla1maple 

with physical sim, you can try on another phone, but likely you will have to seek support help to reprovision on the system side

You're doing wonderful so far.! Keep it up!  almost done, then smooth ️  from here 👏

Shapla1maple

Physical sim

IMG_6422.jpeg

Shapla1maple

Thanks, could open a ticket

@Shapla1maple if no outgoing calls, there is a problem with the sim provisioning.  Are you using eSIM or physical??

Also, open ticket with PM support first, check my post above for ways to open ticket 

Shapla1maple

Thanks, after first 5:00 min, had an potion for voice message, received OTP code and could log in correctly, thank you all,

but, still no outgoing calls, no incoming/outgoing texts, for outgoing calls the voice prompt is “6UT1, the number you called is not in service”

when receiving incoming call, it does not show the number, shows “unknown number”

I am sad and frustrated 

@Shapla1maple 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps, please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Shapla1maple

Yes, tried to resend, never arrives. No, new number selected from the list. Called from Telus 

@Shapla1maple did you try to click Resend code? 

And are you porting in number?? if you are, are you receiving incoming calls from different provider?? Need to confirm the port was completed 

Some people say to wait until the countdown goes to 0 and total of 2 times and then it will give you the option for email,  if not then submit that ticket.

Shapla1maple

Nope, my window does not have option for email, looks like attached

IMG_6408.png

Ok,  What type of SIM are you using? Maybe try reboot phone.

If that still doesn't work, see if you can get the code to your email enstead.

Screenshot_20240229_112720_Samsung Internet.jpg

 If still same, use below. 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=2OhrPakuMpNZt4irir5...

Shapla1maple

Yes activated through public mobile app, I can receive calls , but no text arrives

Shapla1maple

Thank you, I did not port my number. I selected a number from the list, for my new activation 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number from another Carrier?Are you sure you're receiving incoming calls all calls, texts? Did you activate using the Public Mobile App?

Need Help? Let's chat.