cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer to a new phone but can't receive any message or calls on the new phone

Taowen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I transferred the SIM card (same phone number) from my old iPhone to my new iPhone around 2 weeks ago. I think it's because I didn't reply to the confirmation message in time and now I can't receive any message or calls on the new phone. Could anyone help me fix this? Thank you very much!

6 REPLIES 6

Taowen

Hi, thank you very much! I have contacted them, and now I can receive texts and calls with no problem. Thank you again for your help!

Taowen

Hi, thank you very much! I have contacted them, and now I can receive texts and calls with no problem. Thanks again for your help!

@Taowen 

Your porting is not completed then. Your old SIM should still work.

You needed to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you. Private message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Staff hours are from 9:00am to 10:00pm so they will contact you tomorrow to resend the text.

Taowen

Yes, I think so. The old SIM is not PM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Taowen 

If you transferred the PM SIM from one iPhone to another iPhone. It should simply work and you won’t get a text to reply to. 

You only get the text if you are porting your number over from another carrier to PM.

Is this what you are trying to do?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Taowen 

sound like a stuck port to me

I will send you the PM porting team number via Community inbox  Call the team and they can reinitiate the port

Need Help? Let's chat.