cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer not working

mmmichelle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m a new customer and transferring my number from Rogers to Public. It is not working. I need them to submit the request again in order to me to receive the transfer number text from Rogers. Not able to submit a ticket to get help, keep getting the error page. And keep asking me to login. It’s annoying…

16 REPLIES 16

Stephen1990
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the exact same position as you. I finally got fed up and will be requesting a chargeback from my credit card. I don't want to deal with PM.

Joybellswj1

I am supposed to wait up to an hour and then I should be able to recieve and send text messages again.  it has been 12 days with no text/phone access and it's been extremally frustrating using this online community vs a real person until you posted and got a response with this phone number.  So THANK YOU as it help me out too!  I was so stressed and frustrated.  And a HUGE THANK YOU to @Handy1  for getting me a number to someone who could finally help me!!  

UPDATE: It took over 2 hours and 3 phone calls to Lucky (previous carrier) and 3 phone calls to Public Mobile and I finally have a usable phone again!!!!!  Sheesh, what a process!

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @mmmichelle,

Did you contact the porting team? Is there any improvement after doing so?

Let us know so we can guide you further if necessary.

Joybellswj1

So what happened for me is I gave them the IMEI number to my new phone as I bought it and then switched from Lucky to Public Mobile the same day.  What I should have done was given them my old phones IMEI number as that is what my old carrier was attached to OR better yet, give them your account number from your old carrier.  

Joybellswj1

Hi @mmmichelle,

It is a Telus number so in true Telus fashion it'll take at least 25 minutes on hold before someone answers.  

UPDATE!  It took 16 minutes on hold but someone answered!

@mmmichelle  🤞 

mmmichelle

Ok thanks!! Let me try and hopefully I can reach for help…

@mmmichelle   Good, just checking because some people take out  the old sim before the previous provider sends the text.    If you use the link @Handy1 just gave you, that is to PM customer support and they are responding quickly at the moment, at least they did to me just now about the broken hotspot issue

mmmichelle

Let me know if you found ways to contact them 😞

mmmichelle

Yes however I never received the authorization text. I need Public to resubmit the request again. 

@mmmichelle  they open 7 days a week I think just try again or you can ask support to help also 

you can send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mmmichelle

No one is picking up… do they work only weekdays?

Joybellswj1

Can you send it to me too please!!!  I cannot get PM to get my number transferred from Lucky because apparently I gave them my IMEI number for my new phone instead of the one I was using with Lucky.  Only get errors in the chat, very frustrating.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@mmmichelle   Did you leave your Rogers sim in the phone to receive their text message asking for your authorization?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mmmichelle  No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message right away 

Need Help? Let's chat.