cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer issue

kittylulu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I followed the instructions to insert my new Public Mobile sim card and the existing number seems working. However, I'm only able to make outbound calls with the Public Mobile SIM but cannot receive any incoming calls. 

6 REPLIES 6

@OlehSafonov   Sent, please check

OlehSafonov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! Could you please send me the number?
I have missed the message to reply YES unfortunately. Want to have it fixed. Thanks!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kittylulu if you did reply to the porting text from your previous provider's SIM card, try restarting your phone with the Public Mobile SIM card inside the phone.

Performing a reset of the device's network settings may be a good idea as well after changing providers.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kittylulu hi when you are porting a number in to Public you must leave your old sim in to receive transfer request then reply yes, you have 90 minutes to respond 

Please put your old carier's SIM card back in. That needs to be do be done becauae you have to answer a text message from the old carrier.  Also, your incoming calla are still going to your old carrier becauae number porting isn't finished.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kittylulu   

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.