cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer issue

ckoues
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I got a plan with public mobile over two weeks ago and I requested my number to be transferred from my previous provider Rogers.Unfortunately it wasn’t done, I just noticed today that I have been assigned a new public mobile phone number. Could you please guide on what to do next as I don’t want to change my previous phone number 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@ckoues 

if only 2 weeks, the porting request is still pending.  Please call the team I sent you and they can provide you the update and re-trigger the process if needed

ckoues

Thank you for your reply. Yes it was only two weeks. 

ckoues

Thank you for getting back to me and for your advice. How do we submit the desk ticket? When I tried to do that it linked me to the community chat.

Thank you

TedWei

i had the same issue, the port failed because I used my phone IMEI for porting from the options instead of using the account number from Rogers. Submit a help desk ticket and give them your Rogers account ID and they can help you redo the port successfully.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ckoues PM will only assign new number if the porting request is over a month, as it will void any pending request after 30 days. You sure it was only 2 weeks and not  over 30 days?

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you if less than. 30 days.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.