cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer from public mobile to rogers issues

schtef
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with a rogers account last week and requested my number to be transferred from my public mobile account. The request was sent and I replied YES to the text sent by public mobile to confirm the transfer. This was on Friday last week.

The transfer has not worked and I would like to finish the transfer.

6 REPLIES 6

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I think the most important thing I can say here is....   sorry you're going to Rogers. Just remember, Public Mobile will welcome you back with open arms.

Now my 2 cents. If you place the Public Mobile SIM back into your phone, does it come up as Public Mobile up top still. If so, it means the transfer did not go through. If it comes up as SOS only, it means your account is now closed due to porting. If this was closed due to porting on the last day of your 30 days of usage, the account may have closed before the transfer meaning you waited to long. You will have to contact Rogers for assistance. And if they are telling you to contact Public Mobile for assistance when they darn well know it's now on THEM to resolve this, welcome to the Rogers blame game so they don't have to do the right thing. 

One other option is if your account is now closed, you can re open the account and go to the lowest account possible, $15 to re activate your account. BUT before you do, confirm in your profile settings that your number is still listed there. Then you can call up Rogers and ask them to try porting again. And if they try telling you there's a problem on the Public Mobile side, run the other way. Rogers is horrible customer service. Trust me! 25 years with their crappy service and I regret ever having them as my provider.

Means if you had started the transfer in the evening of your last paid day. If the transfer didn't finish and then your account suspended then it might be a problem.

schtef

What does down to the wire of 30 days mean?

schtef

They told me this was a PM problem. Should I try and get them to do the request again?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@schtef  You need to contact rogers support team to finish the port request for you . There’s nothing PM can do . It’s up to the new provider to do the heavy lifting when ports don’t go smoothly. This is true of all carriers not just PM 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Support is to be provided by the new provider. This side only needs to be active until the transfer has completed. If you took it down to the wire of the 30 days then maybe this side got suspended.

Need Help? Let's chat.