cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer after set up

Enfe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, 

Considering a switch from fido to public in Northern Ontario. I have an odd question (maybe):

I'm thinking of just setting up a new number to trial the service in my area. It's $40 and worst case i burn that money and not completely switch out from fido and transfer number only to have to do it all over again. My question is, if i do decide to stay with public, could i then port number a month or so after at the time i cancel fido?

My theory is worst case, i would have to set up a new account, best case, it's easy peasy. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Enfe 

It's a brilliant idea in my opinion. I did the same thing with Public Mobile before switching over. Granted a lower plan rate but none the less I moved up. And your right, $40 isn't a lot ot burn to try something out before you pull all your resources over. Here's how to start.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/pick-up-SIM - Check here to see if you can pick up a Public Mobile SIM card locally.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can order it here.

Or you can just order it through Public Mobile which can take up to 3 weeks to get but once you get the plan now and wait for the card to arrive, you're safe and still get the same plan.

Then, if you feel Public Mobile is right for you, then follow these instructions to port over. Book mark this page for later if needed.

How to port number from “Blank” to Public Mobile

First, make sure your number can be ported by checking on this link

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Or log in to your Public Mobile account

Then on your right side you’ll see this box. Click on Transfer Phone Number.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709421347145.png

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709421347148.png

Then enter the number you want transfer and continue to next step

Chalupa_Batman_2-1709421347162.png

NOTE: Keep your old provider's SIM card inside the phone until you get the confirmation text. Say YES. But wait just a bit longer until you no longer see your old provider's name up top. Once it’s gone, try making a call to test. If you can not make a call using your old providers SIM, the transfer has gone through.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Enfe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ok well didn't expect to have an answer in 2 minutes after posting lol. Ya'll are awesome. Thanks a ton. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Enfe as long as the Fido account is not clise9, you can port you number

So, you can test PM first and decide to port from Fido after

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Enfe you can port your Fido number after you activate and test the network

BUT your Fido account must be active. Only number from active account can be ported. If you cancel Fido before you post, you will lose your number and hence cannot port the number 

Need Help? Let's chat.