cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Jasper12019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My lucky mobile account said is suspended cause automatic top up failed which says yesterday and my charge date isn’t till 29th but still able to receive calls and text and make calls just won’t let me use my data I paid for a month for 2 days before so what was wondering if says is suspended like that am I still able to port my number over from lucky mobile or do I need to pay a bit for another month and set up my public mobile account so is not suspended when I do it this evening 

8 REPLIES 8

@Jasper12019 wrote:

Tried contacting lucky mobile but got recording that their call Center is closed due to covid 19 and no one is working. Not much help which is another reason decided to come to public mobile. I realize don’t have a call centre but can always get advice and help here

@Jasper12019 

At this point, since it is June 5, your Lucky mobile account is suspended and you will likely need to pay for another month to activate.  One option is to use the lucky mobile service for most of the next month cycle and then port your number to PM afterwards.  Maybe wait for the next flash promotion

You could try to port right now to PM but the port will likely fail.  Then you will need to pay Lucky mobile anyways and it will take 1-2 days to get your phone working again with moderator help.  

Jasper12019

Tried contacting lucky mobile but got recording that their call Center is closed due to covid 19 and no one is working. Not much help which is another reason decided to come to public mobile. I realize don’t have a call centre but can always get advice and help here

Jasper12019

My charge date was 29th which the money would be in my account but they tried to pull it in 27th and cause money wasn’t there they suspended my service. So I never got 2 days I paid for cause of what they did. That’s why came to public mobile. Wanted out of there fast because of this and unfairness so I just activated my public mobile account with public mobile number cause didn’t want to give them any more money 

@Jasper12019 wrote:

My lucky mobile account said is suspended cause automatic top up failed which says yesterday and my charge date isn’t till 29th but still able to receive calls and text and make calls just won’t let me use my data I paid for a month for 2 days before so what was wondering if says is suspended like that am I still able to port my number over from lucky mobile or do I need to pay a bit for another month and set up my public mobile account so is not suspended when I do it this evening 

This is really a question to ask Lucky Mobile customer service. Everyone is correct that the Lucky account needs to be in good standing to port the number from that account out. However, different carriers have different definitions of that.

Some carriers such as Freedom Mobile alow the port out of Pay-Your-Way/Pay Before/prepaid account phone numbers while the account is in a 10 suspended grace period.  Other carriers will disallow a port of an account if you are even one minute past the plan's expiry.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jasper12019 

Wait, technically you are still active if you don't put money on the account by midnight you will be expired.

You actually may be able to do it today.

You need active account and if you paid for your service for today you should be active for another 10 hours.

This is cutting it a bit too close:)

Welcome to public mobile

@Jasper12019 

Does lucky normally process an automatic top up the day before your monthly charge date? If so confirm that your service is active(sounds like it is). If active then activate your pm sim card and port your number in upon activation. Be sure your phone is unlocked, there are no port protections on your account.

Use your account number, name on account and phone number to port your number over. If you don't have all your services ( incoming calling being the most important as it indicates your port is complete) within two hours contact the moderators immeadiately to complete your port for you.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jasper12019 you need to reactivate the lucky account to port it. Welcome to PM.   You also need moderstor help once you activate with a temporary cell phone number.  Type "Port Request" and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  phone number to port and the old providers account number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your account needs to be active during the porting process.  After the port is completed then your Lucky account will be closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.