cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port problem

Shirleytat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I ported my number over a couple of days ago and couldn’t figure out why it didn't work. Stupid me is just now realizing that there were numerous texts sent to my old phone (from Telus) asking me to reply with yes. Question is now, how can I restart this process?

6 REPLIES 6

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Here's the thing. Does she REALLY need to call this porting number? Why not just log into her account here on PM and click profile, the "Transfer Phone Number" option and enter her Telus number in again. I don't see why this option wouldn't work. Thoughts?

@Chalupa_Batman Yes Absolutely needed.

The Transfer number request on My Account is for subscribers to request porting ONLY if no porting pending  Using the Transfer option when the earlier porting request is still ongoing will result with an error "Your number cannot be transferred",  that will just scare new subscribers even more

@Shirleytat , Again what @Chalupa_Batman advised earlier would not work and please avoid

@Shirleytat the porting has already been request, Please DO NOT go to My Account to request Transfer again. (You will get an error message if you do it there and it will confuse you more)

Instead, call the porting team tomorrow and ask them to re-trigger the porting process for you

Just so I understand. When you go to profile you don't see this on the right hand side?

Chalupa_Batman_0-1697857223163.png

The next page should be this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1697857244452.png

Don't have this?

Shirleytat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There’s no option in my account to transfer the number as I’ve already initiated the process. It’s stuck in limbo so to say 

Here's the thing. Does she REALLY need to call this porting number? Why not just log into her account here on PM and click profile, the "Transfer Phone Number" option and enter her Telus number in again. I don't see why this option wouldn't work. Thoughts?

Honestly @Shirleytat , I don't see why this can't be done. In my opinion, this should technically be the same thing as re triggering the request. As long as your Telus SIM card is in, logically this should work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shirleytat 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.