cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port not successful

Matyar2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There, 

I transferred my number from an other carrier, the account was setup correctly I can make calls on the line, but I can't receive calls on my number. 

How do I resolve this issue? 

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you reply to the authorization SMS from your old provider?

if yes, then create a ticket here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Matyar2 

When you activate the PM SIM, did you leave the old carrier SIM in the phone to wait for the SMS text to confirm you are porting over to PM?

If not, you need to contact a CS Agent to restart the process by clicking on the SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket or click on the envelope icon and message a CS Agent to restart the porting process.

Meanwhile, did you try booting the phone by powering off the phone and wait a few minutes then power on the phone?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you ported LAND line you might lose ability to receive authentication SMS codes sent by some organizations.

Such codes are send to genuine cell numbers only. Been there, done that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Matyar2 wrote:

Hi There, 

I transferred my number from an other carrier, the account was setup correctly I can make calls on the line, but I can't receive calls on my number. 

How do I resolve this issue? 

Thank you

@Matyar2  Was this a cell or landline/voip number you transferred over?

If you ported from a landline/voip it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Matyar2 

put it old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you miss it a SMS you can try reseat the old SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy...

@Matyar2 wrote:

I setup the account yesterday and didn't get the text message. Can you please send me the number so I can trigger it again? 

thank you

Sent.. please check your community inbox on the top right, envelope icon

Matyar2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I setup the account yesterday and didn't get the text message. Can you please send me the number so I can trigger it again? 

thank you

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Matyar2   Part of the porting process is to receive a text from your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins.  You got the text yet and you replied?

If you have missed the step or missed the 90 min, I will send you a number to call PM to re-trigger the process.  Please check your Community inbox on the top right.

Make sure you have the old SIM in a phone and receive the text.  Once the text is replied, the process would finish within 2 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.