cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferring.

RelishedSloth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I switched to Public at the same time a month ago and she is still having issues transferring her phone number. We both came from the same carrier and went through the process and the same time; I’m stumped on why she is having issue but I am not. 

She confirmed within the time frame she was trying to transfer her number when the previous carrier texted. She called the previous carrier and they said there shouldn’t be any issue in their end, no outstanding bills or anything like that. 

Her number shows up correctly in her iPhone, however when people try to call her it goes to voicemail. For some reason I do not have this issue, I can dial her number and it rings fine. 

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RelishedSloth  You probably already checked this, but make sure the silent button on the left side of the phone (above the volume buttons on mine) hasn't been accidentally switched to on.  It's a fairly common iPhone problem.

@RelishedSloth wrote:

@will13am We just tried calling it said a transfer request doesn’t exist for her number. 

If the transfer request does not exist, then you should be able to resubmit the number transfer provided that the old account is still active.  Can you put back the old SIM card in a phone or check the old account to confirm that it is still active?  If it is no longer active, you cannot transfer the number.  

RelishedSloth

@will13am We just tried calling it said a transfer request doesn’t exist for her number. 

RelishedSloth

@will13am I presume the old account was canceled automatically as was mine when I transferred. Suppose we should double check this. 

We will try that number you provided and see if they can help.

Thank you,

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RelishedSloth , is the account with the old provider still active?  It would appear to be given calls going to voicemail.  I suggest calling the porting team using the number in the link below to see if they can assist.  Alternatively, you can use the chat symbol at the bottom right corner of this webpage to initiate a support ticket.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781...

Need Help? Let's chat.