cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferring to new phone?

haleynk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I just activated my new SIM card over 2 hours ago and initiated my number transfer over to my new phone. The required code was entered however I am still only receiving messages on my old phone with my old provider, even though my PUBLICMOBILE account says my phone and number are active? 

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@haleynk 

Did you reboot the phone after putting the PM SIM in the phone?

Try powering off your phone then wait a few minutes then power on the phone.

@haleynk wrote:

Hello! I just activated my new SIM card over 2 hours ago and initiated my number transfer over to my new phone. The required code was entered however I am still only receiving messages on my old phone with my old provider, even though my PUBLICMOBILE account says my phone and number are active? 

Which code are you speaking of? Do you mean on the number porting form?  If at all possible, use your old provider's account number, but do not type in an IMEI nor an account PIN.    The exception to this is Speakout and Petro Canada who don't use account numbers and the IMEI should be used instead.  When you're speaking to either a Public Mobile CSA or the Telus Porting Team, be sure to double check that account number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@haleynk wrote:

thanks!

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for CSA to investigate.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Since you had confirmed the text message from your old provider, your are on the stage 2 and waiting for the other provider to release your number to PM.  With my past experience, providers release phone # between 30 minutes(Rogers) to 4 hours(Speakout).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleynk 

the number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number.

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting (publicmobile.ca)

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@haleynk 

Customer Support Agents can help.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,

1. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you initiated porting and did you replied YES on your OLD provider's SMS within 90 minutes?

Porting does not occur instantaneously! It might take hours for full number transfer. First SMS will start working then calls.

If you did everything as expected from you to properly port number AND you do not have full service in a day or two, come back and somebody will provide you with PM's porting phone number to call to inquire.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@haleynk 

I'm sending you a private message with a number to call to check on the status of your porting request.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @haleynk 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

If you ported a cell number over it could take 2-3 hours to complete.

If landline or voip number could take up to 7 days approx.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

haleynk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes I did!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you reply to the confirmation text from your old provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.