cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not in service after renewal

2ndchance2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community, can anyone help me here as I renewed my monthly serices with PM but was able to call out but not able to receive calls, any reason why? Appreciate greatly any help I can get, thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

LTE

Your Phone Number was not Activated Properly 

Did you Port you number from another Service Provider ?

Number Porting is only 15 mins to 2 hours in Canada. 

Change you Phone number

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/

Pick a new number. 

2ndchance2018

When there is an incoming call, the phone will reply that the 'number you reach is not in service'. But why am I able to call out? Any idea pls.

2ndchance2018

Yes I rebooted my phone and my account looks correct. There was no number changed as the same PM number was used to make calls out. Each time a call is made to my PM, its said that the number is not assigned but yet I am able to call out, any idea why?

2ndchance2018

Yes, I did but same issue of not being able to receive any calls.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sad. We have to lie that our phone was stolen...to restore  service. Haha....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@2ndchance2018 wrote:

I have reboot my phone and checked my recent payment account, everything looked good. However I am still having the same issue of being able to call out but not receive calls as it says that my number is not in service, any solution here please?

Did you try the lost/stolen trick mentioned earlier?

2ndchance2018

I have reboot my phone and checked my recent payment account, everything looked good. However I am still having the same issue of being able to call out but not receive calls as it says that my number is not in service, any solution here please?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@2ndchance2018, try rebooting the phone and checking to make sure the account renewal looks correct in the self serve.  It is rather unusual that outgoing calls are fine but incoming calls are affected.  Was there a number change done recently?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@2ndchance2018 wrote:

Hi Community, can anyone help me here as I renewed my monthly serices with PM but was able to call out but not able to receive calls, any reason why? Appreciate greatly any help I can get, thanks.

As a possible quick remedy:

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Has anything else changed other than renewing? Maybe call forwarding is on permanent. When you call your number from another phone what do you get?

Need Help? Let's chat.