cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not in service after port

tapninja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ugh. It appears the port out didn't quite complete properly and I need some help!

The number transferred completely out of my old carrier; the old carrier no longer shows that they have the number.

The number is 'connected' on the new phone, another public mobile customer can call me, but other people cannot call me - they receive a 'we're sorry, the number is not in service'.

I've opened a ticket for this, but the ticket didn't really let me specify any details, such as 'hey, this basically ported, the old carrier no longer has the number, and PM is "pretending" like they have the number, but it's not exactly working for anyone other than other PM customers", which I feel is an important detail.

I need this phone for work, this is super critical. The ticket I opened was #409706-380, but I'm not really sure how things work here.

Help!!!

4 REPLIES 4

@tapninja 

Posting in the message forum doesn't get service and account issues corrected. The only way to do that is through the ticketing system.

tapninja

Also, as mentioned - I did indeed open a support ticket - #409706-380, but I need this working, and from other posts, it seemed like maybe this was a 'better way' to get someone from PM to assist than waiting for the support case.

Either way, I do appreciate your response.

tapninja

I accepted the port out with the "YES" response on the prior SIM, and the original carrier, Bell, has dropped the number from my profile.

The transfer, however, did not work properly, as stated above. Bell no longer has the number, and Public Mobile won't accept calls to that number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tapninja 

If you replied with YES to complete the porting to the text from your old carrier with the old SIM in your phone. Porting is completed. Your old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours. Once it stops working then power off your phone and switch to the PM SIM.

If you missed replying to the text then you need an agent to complete the porting so type in Submit a Ticket on the Chat icon and an agent will reply to you in the morning.

Need Help? Let's chat.