cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not eligible to port

Mats99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 3 numbers with Koodo post paid that I am moving to Public. I know I have to get a temporary PM number and then port my Koodo number.. Did 1 account yesterday with no isues.

Now Im trying to do another account.. Activated and got a PM number.. Then I try and transfer Koodo number over.. When I type in the number I want to transfer, which is the first step,  I get an error that says "number is not eligible to port" and cant do anything else..

Is this something that I can get fixed here or do I have to call Koodo?

Thanks

Sorry for double post.. I dont think I should've put this in the lounge..

7 REPLIES 7

Mats99

Hi
The very first step when porting is to enter the number you want to port. That's when I get the number not eligible error. I cant even go any further as far as entering an account number..

I think the problem is what Brianna said and I vaguely remember doing this for that account which was my daughters.. I have a call in to Koodo and will let you guys no.. The link below explains it..

Port Fraud Protection | Koodo Mobile

NickS94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It sounds overly simple but a good old fashioned re-boot of the device help correct my porting issues. 

it kept saying it couldnt activate my esim after I ported( I even have a quebec number and I brought it to Ontario from freedom mobile) and then a quick reboot and it all just worked perfect. 

just make sure to go into cellular settings and turn off your old carriers sim!

not sure if that helps at all!

cheers

Hmm,

Yes call them to inquire.  As @softech says, if the port was completed already you will get that message.  So you could try a few things. 

Double checked that you typed the correct account number, you downloaded the app, you created a new email, that account is still active. Also try reboot the phone to see if that will solve it. You have the PM info on how to make contact already should you need to.

Mats99

Ty Brianna, I think you're on to something and will call Koodo..

Sanson, I put the koodo number in your link and it says it isnt eligible to move to Koodo..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mats99 number is not eligible error usually mean the number already requested porting

Confirm PM support what was wrong

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think you'll have to call Koodo. It didn't happen to me this time when I ported from Koodo to PM, but a few years ago when I ported from Koodo to Telus I had this issue and apparently there was some extra port protection on my account that needed to be removed

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Did double-check to verify indeed if the number cannot be ported? 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Also, make sure you are using a different email address for the next account.  Each account must have its own email 

Need Help? Let's chat.