cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer

cusackconal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I'm trying to transfer a 672 number from freedom to Public Mobile but keep getting an error message, anything i can try?

6 REPLIES 6

paperscissors
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was getting error message 821 over and over again, but then tried activating using my old provider's account number instead of my IMEI # and it worked! Perhaps this could be the issue for you too? Good luck! 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cusackconal wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to transfer a 672 number from freedom to Public Mobile but keep getting an error message, anything i can try?

@cusackconal  - at what point are you erroring out?

Have you got past the payment section? If so, insert the Public Mobile SIM card and perform a reset of the network settings and if you have any services.

Ensure the phone is unlocked.

You will likely need to reinsert our freedom SIM to accept a porting text.

If you were not charged for the activation, there is no harm in starting the activation process again: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cusackconal what exact error message?

DO NOT try activation again yet!!!  First check if PM took money out if your credit card yet.

If your confirmed they didn't , then maybe try to activate on a new number first.  Once activated without issue,  then arrange porting 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cusackconal 

I would suggest activating your new SIM with a new number, then sending a private message to the customer support team so they can port in your old number for you.

You can reach the CS team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Did you already complete activation with a new temporary number, or are you trying to port as part of the activation?

First, confirm that the number in question is eligible to port. Here is a page run by koodo (Who is also operated by Telus Mobility, as is Public Mobile):

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

If that's all good - and you have already activated with a temporary number, it might just be the self serve portal being finicky. Sometimes some common browser troubleshooting steps may help:

• Try using browsers Incognito, Inprivate, private window mode.
  • Clear cache, cookies, history
  • Try a different browser entirely (Edge, Chrome. Firefox) - or a different device entirely like mobile/tablet vs PC.

There is also a time limit between changing numbers, if you have previously changed your number in the last few days, you might have to wait before trying again.

If you haven't yet activated, you can maybe complete the activation using a temporary number and test out the service and then you can initiate the port afterwards.

Lastly, maybe just wait and try again tomorrow or a few more days. Worst case, you can open a request with the CS agents. I've had some trouble with the chatbot and automatic ticket creation process recently, so it might be best to just send them a message directly using this link in the mean time: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cusackconal 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service..

Need Help? Let's chat.