cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer

Lee14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I currently have my number with Koodo and it's a physical sim card. Now I want to switch to Public Mobile's esim card. What steps should I follow to change my physical one to esim and keep the same number carry on with me? When I proceed to payment, I didn't see anything there to port in number.

6 REPLIES 6

@ChCh wrote:

I think keeping a physical one is a safer option, since eSIMs are operated online so it's vulnerable to cyberattacks.

I would think that there is no difference. When activating a physical SIM card, this is also done online.

ChCh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think keeping a physical one is a safer option, since eSIMs are operated online so it's vulnerable to cyberattacks.

Leader392760
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Lee. I have a proposal which might help you. It is better to have physical SIM in stead of eSIM. My son had the eSIM and the phone stopped working and transferring eSIM to other phone was a nightmare.

Still if you are interested in eSIM, it is quite simple if your phone accepts eSIM. Just select eSIM while opening your account and follow the steps to transfer you number. Be sure you number should be active at the time of porting your number to Public Mobile and respond the text message from koodo in timely manner.

Good luck and welcome to the Public Mobile family.

@Lee14 wrote:

Hi, I currently have my number with Koodo and it's a physical sim card. Now I want to switch to Public Mobile's esim card. What steps should I follow to change my physical one to esim and keep the same number carry on with me? When I proceed to payment, I didn't see anything there to port in number.

Remember that porting your number from Koodo to Public will deactivate your Koodo service.  During the process of Public Mobile account setup, there is an option to take a new phone number or to transfer a number in (I'm assuming that you're about trying to become a new Public Mobile customer).   If your number is coming from a prepaid Koodo account, you'll first need to set up your Public Mobile account with a new phone nubmer and then ask Public Mobile's cusotmer service to help port the number over. 

Electro_Mac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You pick and pay for the plan you want then the the next step is porting number over…you have to wait till you get text from Koodo and reply yes to it to have number moved over to PM.  After you reply yes wait 10 minutes remove the old SIM card and reboot the phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lee14 Pretty much you should keep you Koodo physical sim in the phone until you got the porting authorization text and repl8rd YES, then you can remove your physical sim , reboot and make sure the eSIM installed properly 

but do you have Koodo Prepaid or Postpaid service??

If you are porting in from Koodo prepaid, you have to activate with a new number first.  Once activation completed and you can make calls and recieve calls, then you will need to open ticket with PM support for a manual porting request.

if you are porting from Kodoo Postpaid,  you can activate your account by using the PM app 
After the payment step, you will get to the phone number step.  You will request to Transfer your exiting number instead of picking a new number.  Please provide your current phone number and the account number of the old provider as the porting info.

Once activation is completed , still have the Koodo sim card in your phone.  Your old provider will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

Once replied yes, you can see remove your old Koodo  sim card, reboot  and make sure your eSIM setup properly , and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

Need Help? Let's chat.