cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer Issue

Ariane_CY_V
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all! 

I am reaching out because I bought a plan yesterday from Public Mobil, and requested a transfer number. But it is not working.

First, I followed all the steps (provided my IMEI, account number, etc.). My current provider sent me a text message to validate the transfer, and I validated it. But after that, I have received a message from Public Mobile letting me know that the transfer was not successful.

I opened this amazing chat feature (lol) who suggested to submit a ticket. I tried to do so but I received an error message. I obviously cleared caches and cookies, try on another browser and even on another device, but I couldn't submit this ticket! 

Community, you are my last option and I would be forever grateful if someone could help me with my number transfer. 

3 REPLIES 3

@Ariane_CY_V wrote:

First, I followed all the steps (provided my IMEI, account number, etc.). My current provider sent me a text message to validate the transfer, and I validated it. But after that, I have received a message from Public Mobile letting me know that the transfer was not successful.

hTideGnow has correclty informed you that account number should be used instead of IMEI whenever possible.  However, I will say that both should never be used in combination with each other.  The number porting process is automated and provided more informaiton does not help with number porting.  Out of account number, IMEI, and old carrier's account PIN, only one of them should be provided (but avoid PIN even more than IMEI because it often gets confused with other codes and passwords).  Providing more than one of those three pieces of information actually increases the chance of porting failure because it's additional pieces of information that could be typed in wrong.

Ariane_CY_V
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @hTideGnow! Your info were really helpful!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ariane_CY_V 

IMEI is not a reliable for porting, better to use account number of your old provider

there is a team to call and they can sort it out for you.  I will send you the number to your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.