cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting messed up

seweatherby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am new to Public Mobile. I signed up about 12 hours ago, and ported my number. My Bell account closed and my Bell sim no longer works (As you would expect), but my new Public Mobile sim is not working. All I get is "Emergency Calls Only", and I cannot make outgoing calls or texts or receive anything. My phone is unlocked, and I tried the sim card in another phone that is unlocked, and it does not work on that phone either. Both have been rebooted multiple times with the SIM card installed. There definitely is either something wrong with the SIM, or the porting has messed up. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

8 REPLIES 8

Alan80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Please check if the porting was done properly. Regarding the unlocked phones it depends on the frequency and all unlocked phone does'nt mean it will support the carrier. If i am not wrong public mobile do have a website to check if the phone is compatible or not.

Thanks!

@seweatherby wrote:

As stated in my original post, I ported my number from Bell. I am using a Umidigi F1 (Which already has a 2nd sim card from Public Mobile in it that works), running Android 9. I have also tried it on a Samsung Galaxy A8 running Android 8. As stated, I activated my sim 12 hours ago, and I have tried resetting the sim and restarting the phone

Why would you put 2 Public mobile (or any same carrier) sim cards in 1 phone?  What's the advantage of doing it?  Thanks.

@seweatherby If it happens to be a contact issue, a few people have had success with cleaning the contacts and or putting a piece of tape on the back of the sim to create less space for it and hence more chance of conact.

Doesn't happen very often, but it sure sounds like a sim issue.

Ideas:

Bad Sim, likely.

I'm not sure how likely this is, but could a typo or a system issue have caused you to activate the incorrect sim. To test this, wait an hour since you signed up and go to http://activate.publicmobile.ca and complete page 1. It should say invalid sim, obviously.

TRY, calling 1-877-TO-TELUS and see if it's a porting issue.

If not, you'll have to create a support ticket to @CS_Agent .

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message, probably from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

seweatherby

Yeah, I tried the other SIM slot, no dice

And I assume you tried this sim in the slot that is working with the other PM sim?

seweatherby

As stated in my original post, I ported my number from Bell. I am using a Umidigi F1 (Which already has a 2nd sim card from Public Mobile in it that works), running Android 9. I have also tried it on a Samsung Galaxy A8 running Android 8. As stated, I activated my sim 12 hours ago, and I have tried resetting the sim and restarting the phone.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@seweatherby In order to better help you, we need more info about your issue:

What type of phone are you using?
What version of the OS?

Are both phones the same model?

Did you port (transfer) your old number during activation?
If port, from which carrier?

Have you tried reseating your sim and restarting your phone?

edit: I see you tried another phone, so I guess you did this. Sorry this list is a MACRO.

Need Help? Let's chat.