cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting from a VoiP service provider Voiply to PM

brc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello PM Support team,

I have initiated my porting request from a VoiP provider Voiply to PM today afternoon by visiting a store and activating the account. I notice tat Im able to make calls, owever I avent received any porting confirmation SMS.

Please help me with transfer/Port in my number to PM and let me know te next steps.

Phone number to port is - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

12 REPLIES 12

@brc1, do you have the porting team number?  After you put in the 3rd request.. call them immediately and get this sort out ..  Will message you the number.  Check Community inbox, envelope icon on top right 

brc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello support team,

--Update-- Further to my initiation of the first port request on last tursday, I had to initiate a second one on saturday, both of which got cancelled by the porting team because they saw my public mobile account status as "Inactive".

For historical reference, I'm a returning public mobile customer, who 9 months back ported out of PM to the voip provider, so that i can receive calls from Canada when Im traveling outside. Now that Im back in the country, I want to use PM again.

However, when the porting team looked at the port out number from PM, they saw my old inactive account and without any troubleshooting or even communicatin to me, cancelled the entire port request. It took a lady from the porting team to troubleshoot the confusion and straighten it out. She appears to have initiated a third porting request today. With fingers crossed, I pray I'm third time lucky.

Thanks to JK for providing the contact number of Telus porting team.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I ported from voip.ms a few months ago. A CSA can provide current status of the process. Mine took 5 days and there were days of split services.  Have you contacted your supplier of the port out and what their requirements might be, since you cannot do the text to confirm you wish to port out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brc1 

and up to 3 business days for landline number transfers. You may experience mixed service during this time until the transfer is complete.

you can contact customer service to check the status of your Transfer,

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@brc1 

If you are on the free VoIP service, you won't get a confirmation SMS text. Only the paid option will you receive a confirmation text.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541  - so does a text come later from a voip then?

They wouldn't have anywhere to send the text message.  I don't see the old provider sending a text message to the service/phone number at the new carrier.  That wouldn't accomplish anything.   The only porting confirmation text message in this type of case usually only comes from Public Mobile, but that's only to tell the customer that everything is done. 

@computergeek541  - it was the comment from the OP saying:

"owever I avent received any porting confirmation SMS."

You know how when you send a text to a landline and it is a robot voice saying the text message. I am not sure if this happens, but thought it was a possibility.

So, for reassurance making sure their previous provider got the message they want their number with PM, could the Porting Phone Number provider that information to them?

@esjliv wrote:

They wouldn't have anywhere to send the text message.  I don't see the old provider sending a text message to the service/phone number at the new carrier.  That wouldn't accomplish anything.   The only porting confirmation text message in this type of case usually only comes from Public Mobile, but that's only to tell the customer that everything is done. 

Yes, it does take longer to complete the porting process with voip, but would it not be a good idea to make sure the previous provider got the okay to release the number to port over, so the process can start as soon as possible?

@JK8 wrote:

Check email icon. I sent you a number to call.

It believe it too soon for that.  Porting from a VoIP provider seldomly completes within the same day.

@brc1 wrote:

I have initiated my porting request from a VoiP provider Voiply to PM today afternoon by visiting a store and activating the account. I notice tat Im able to make calls, owever I avent received any porting confirmation SMS.

Please help me with transfer/Port in my number to PM and let me know te next steps.

Not receiving calls on your Public Mobile service is normal until porting has completed.  Until the process is completed incoming calls will still go to your VoIP service.  Transfers from VoIP and landlines take much longer to complete.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brc1   porting from VoIP provider could be a bit longer.  It could take 3 to 5 business days and some might not send you SMS.  I will send you a porting team number.  You can call them tomorrow to confirm on your porting status.

Please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Check email icon. I sent you a number to call.

Need Help? Let's chat.