cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port status

parveztaj27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I just started a number port  procedure from Bell. I got a SMS from Bell and i reply with Yes . Bell has informed me that my account with them is cancelled. 

Could you please tell me what the state of my port with Public mobile is now?

17 REPLIES 17

parveztaj27

Sent two messages via that its been 7 hour, sine my last message. does anyone know of another way to reach them? been waiting since yesterday evening for my SMS to work

hi @parveztaj27 they usually reply within. 4 hours 

did your check Community inbox

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

if no reply, message them again

parveztaj27

Does it take a long for a community agent to contact me? i sent them an message yesterday and still nothing as of today. This is regarding SMS messages not working for me, after porting my number from Bell. The port people said everything successful, I can make and receive calls, but not SMS

parveztaj27

Sent a message

@parveztaj27 wrote:

However i cant send or receive SMS or 2 FA messages. Face time with my email works but not my number. is there something that PM needs to do to get this going?

@parveztaj27 

you are one of those new activation with SMS problem.  Have you open ticket with PM support yet?

If not, Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

parveztaj27

I had to reset my network settings on my Iphone to fix this. now i can make and receive calls and the number showed the right ported in number. However i cant send or receive SMS or 2 FA messages. Face time with my email works but not my number. is there something that PM needs to do to get this going?

parveztaj27

opened a ticket

That's correct,  use the link I sent you.

parveztaj27

I contacted that PM port number, they said port was complete, but my phone still shows the temporary number across and not the number i am bringing in from Bell. They said it was not a Port issue anymore, as he sees the port being successful and that i should contact PM Moderator from here on out

Hey @parveztaj27 

You don't have to wait a few hours. It should be already to go. Take a look at the top right corner of the page. I'll send you a phone number to call to make sure the port went through.

parveztaj27

I deleted the Bell Esim and Rebooted, I will wait for a few hours

@parveztaj27 if you delete the PM esim you have to purchase another free system recognized previous. 

Delete or disable Bell SIM,  turn on PM or make as primary.  

NOOOO  don't do that. Please make sure you've removed your Bell SIM card. Then go into your network settings and choose Public Mobile eSIM as your primary. Then reboot. 

parveztaj27

I have an ESIM and i have tried to restart the phone. but i have not waited 2 hours. do i need to delete and recreat the Esim?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @parveztaj27 

Please turn off your phone and insert the PM SIM card. Restart the phone. If nothing, then please reset your network settings and then reboot. If still nothing, please turn off the phone and remove SIM card, reboot phone without SIM card and then insert SIM card and see what happens. If nothing, do you have another phone you can try the SIM card in? You may need the use of another cell phone to reprovision the SIM card. It happens sometimes. Happened to me twice on two different lines I set up.

If you're still having issues, please come back and let us know. We can send you a phone number to call to get assistance. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@parveztaj27  if you waited more than two hours try restart your phone to see if you have service and phone shows Public Mobile. 

If you have physical  PM SIM put that in phone first.

Need Help? Let's chat.