Did you mean: 

Not worth my time

Troutyguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not worth my time

29 REPLIES 29

t_p
Mayor / Maire

My fervent wish is that every user of this forum learns how to post their inquiries clearly and properly, then follow up and give timely feedback.

That would save everyone lots of grief and time.

🙏

@darlicious  

My posts were strictly based on PLAN DATA (regardless of the subject), under the assumption OP just renewed within a day or 2, and about 1GB of their 2GB plan data was already gone. Perhaps, a case of PLAN DATA not resetting?

These were on the screen shots that were showing up...which I also private messaged the OP to edit or remove, as there was some info. there that should not have been shared.

Others posted about the PROMO Data line that showed under their Promotion area. This also could have very well been the issue as well.

In this case, we really DO NOT know and we are ALL assuming here, since OP never came back...maybe they will clarify, since they are probably being poked a lot about this. 😂

@t_p @softech 

Two totally different opinions which is fine. As most know I probably "question" @Luddite's solutions more than everyone else combined. I have done this from the very beginning of me joining the community. I have the upmost respect for him and part of this stems from his willingness to explain his reasoning as my original intention on questioning was to learn and still is the basis of most of my inquiries.

Otherwise my comments to him are based on "the community is only as good as the information we provide" so ensuring that future readers get the correct or best information is always my intention. It's not to take away one's solution but it is important that it is given to the most informative and timely post. Sometimes the member recieving the incorrect solution will do the honourable thing and point out the mistake to the OP and the odd time to an Oracle who has overlooked the rightfully deserved post/member. Many times this does not happen which is a shame when it's an obvious error.

On occasion he does change the solution mostly he does not but I have learned more from him than from any other member. And while I regularily challenge other oracles on their decisions Luddite takes it in stride with the maturity and grace of a Jedi master and followed up with his unique sense of humour. Those who refuse to even discuss their decisions are doing a disservice to members who only want to learn and understand. How do you change your behavior or learn from your mistakes if you dont know what they are?

You know what is funny.. OP removed the question and pretty much everything.. only left with "Not worth my time".. be here we are spending time to argue (or discussing)  about it.. LoL

question for Oracles can Orcale access to the original post and the changes all along ? or Oracle only see the post like what we see?  I think an updated timestamp is certainly needed (has been asked many time).. would be even better if we can see the previous versions as well..

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

Perhaps @computergeek541 , or another oracle,  can do this thread a favor and relegate the last several messages.

I fail to see how any discussing (seemingly auditing???) of @Luddite awarding a solution should get airtime on this thread. 

Yep, I've never understood why there needs to be any discussion of a solution chosen by Luddite, whether one agrees with the chosen solution or not, it just seems unnecessary.  JMO!

Agree with that totally.. again .. JMO..

@darlicious 

I see your point. But my post is more of a general nature, applicable to all situations. It also kinda addresses the issue whether the discussions should be made in public.

I don't know if there has been any posts of it in the english forum but in the french one Luddite has made clear that he prefers discussions made publicly if there is something to be learned from.

Just my 2 cents...🙂

@t_p 

Luddite chose the best solution he could based on the limited info that remained after the OP deleted his original posted question and the accompanying screenshot after I had pointed out that there was still personal info being revealed.

The basis of the question being asked was why did the OP's 2GB of promotional data not reset upon renewal and how could it be addressed to not have the issue recur in future? (More or less to the best of my recollection.) The following screenshot was posted alongside. (Green mark up is my edit of the info that was still being revealed.)

Edit: The other screenshot being referred to was already deleted before I read the thread.

Screenshot_20211116-043928~2.png

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

Perhaps @computergeek541 , or another oracle,  can do this thread a favor and relegate the last several messages.

I fail to see how any discussing (seemingly auditing???) of @Luddite awarding a solution should get airtime on this thread. 

Yep, I've never understood why there needs to be any discussion of a solution chosen by Luddite, whether one agrees with the chosen solution or not, it just seems unnecessary.  JMO!

I only agree with that statement if the choice is made among several similar answers; but since the chosen solution needs to be correct for future reference, when there is an obvious mistake or oversight, the issue should be raised. Even Oracles are not infallible.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@esjliv 

I have edited my post....once again I apologise.

@HALIMACS 

This was not about the edit it was about the correct solution. I made the edit for timing purposes but realize now had I not tried to correct my own misreading of @esjliv post I would have not needed to apologise. No private conversation needed to happen as the post was for @Luddite informational purposes.

You're up @darlicious 

Awaiting your reply to what probably should have been a private conversation... interesting approach.

🙄

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite 

The question asked by the OP is not fully quoted by @esjliv (they were replying to only part of the info supplied by the OP) The original question asked was about why their 2gb of bonus plan data did not renew with a screenshot of the overview page (note the subject title) and the OP gave the dates of their renewal for reference. Thru discovery of several members looking at tbe original screenshot it was determined the bonus data was not plan data but a bonus data add on.

Edit:

Then @esjliv after reading the answer supplied by others they edited their earlier reply with the correct info. Anyone who identified the correct add on after that deserves the solution.

@darlicious I don't quite get what you are saying, unless I am missing something in the above.

The above is incorrect, if you are saying I edited my first post once others posted (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Not-worth-my-time/m-p/745001/highl...)

Too bad edits were weren't time-stamped; I would be all over this update.

@kb_mv was the next member to post and they even mentioned my edit in post #1. Therefore, my edit was completed and posted before any other member started posting.

@Luddite 

The question asked by the OP is not fully quoted by @esjliv (they were replying to only part of the info supplied by the OP) The original question asked was about why their 2gb of bonus plan data did not renew with a screenshot of the overview page (note the subject title) and the OP gave the dates of their renewal for reference. Thru discovery of several members looking at tbe original screenshot it was determined the bonus data was not plan data but a bonus data add on.

Edit:

Then @esjliv after reading the answer supplied by others they edited their earlier reply with the correct info. Anyone who identified the correct add on after that deserves the solution.

Second Edit:

@esjliv  My apologies. When I edited this post I thought I was correcting a misinterpretation on my part but I see now you made no mention of the type of data that was being asked about and you are indeed correct that @kb_mv was the first to correctly identify that the bonus data was an add on. @Luddite can determine who after either of your posts supplied enough info to answer the OP's question about his bonus data not renewing.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : The same card be used any number of times. No one needs the physical card. I have a handful of spent-out ones too that anybody can help themselves to.

@Anonymous   Yeah, I realize that..  was just joking around 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : The same card be used any number of times. No one needs the physical card. I have a handful of spent-out ones too that anybody can help themselves to.

@dabr 

Well I don't have to give up the actual card....but no not yet except a couple of my referrals.

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Yes I had noticed that too.....

@Troutyguy 

If you need a card to add for autopay but continue to pay by voucher I can give you one for your account its got a whopping $0.10 on it so it will definitely cause an autopay failure if you don't top up by voucher. But $2 is $2 is a very nice bottle of red by the end of 12 months or a canucks ticket to see them lose....again!!😀

@darlicious   Has no one taken up your offer and took that 0.10 card off your hands yet? 😏

Yep I did read through your post twice to make sure you hadn't already mentioned the autopay reward...  😁

@dabr 

Yes I had noticed that too.....

@Troutyguy 

If you need a card to add for autopay but continue to pay by voucher I can give you one for your account its got a whopping $0.10 on it so it will definitely cause an autopay failure if you don't top up by voucher. But $2 is $2 is a very nice bottle of red by the end of 12 months or a canucks ticket to see them lose....again!!😀

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Troutyguy    Any reason why you're not signed up for autopay?  

You could be saving an additional $2 every cycle by adding a CC/Debit Visa/MC, or even a prepaid CC, but still opt to pay by vouchers a couple of days or so before payment date, so your payment card never gets debited but would give you the auptopay reward.

@Troutyguy 

And a little more peering....$30/2gb plan. Are you on the text offer plan from the Spring 2020? Anyhow it's one time only bonus data add on as pointed out by @HALIMACS  its 1/1. If it was recurring it could be 1/6 months, 1/12 months, 1/24 months or unlimited.

Thanks @HALIMACS .. updated... and sorry @kb_mv   for missing your comment earlier

Just wanna give credit where credit is due, @hTideGnow 

It was actually @kb_mv who first mentioned it being a one-time promo.

I then responded to indicate how the heading would be displayed if it was  a one-time promo vs recurring.  (one of the PM numbers I "manage" has the 'Unlimited' 2GB promo on the $35 plan,  and it displays differently than the OP's)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Troutyguy   Yes, as @kb_mv   mentioned, your My Promotion's 2GB Bonus data is a one time offer.  If it is reoccurring, it  should show Unlimited instead of 1/1  for current plan cycle

If you have entered the code 2GBBonus and activated online yourself (not in-store), then please open at ticket with PM using Chatbot, follow this to get to the ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

And your Android Data cycle, Since PM is a 30 day cycle, that will only be useful for reflecting your usage if you keep changing the cycle start date to match PM's

@Troutyguy 

Yes you have an issue....your promotional data is showing as a 2gb bonus data add on.Did you activate online ? Did you enter the promocode? 2GBBONUS? Or did a CSA enter it after activation because you forgot? What was the date of your activation?

Edit:

Now that I have looked a little closer at your account......you have 3 years of loyalty and last year's holiday international minutes add on gift so your promotional data is from? It's not bonus reoccurring plan data as the current promotion has not been offered before June of this year.

Did you have your account suspended for close to 90 days in the past year? There has been pm surprise minute or bonus data add ons that appear under "my promotions" a few days after reactivation but it's very YMMV.

Needless to say I don't think the CSA's can help you out on this one....?

BTW... Bruce Wayne your secret is out now.....your secret referral code. You will need to delete your screenshot and cover that up if you are going to repost it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Troutyguy 

The bonus data is a one-time add-on thus the "1/1" versus "Unlimited" indicator in the My Promotions information box under "Current Plan Cycle" heading. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Troutyguy wrote:

Cycle starts on the 30th paid my bill Nov 10th so 2 days ago now. How do I get this corrected and prevent it from happening again in the future?

@Troutyguy  Are you referring to the 2GB promo data shown on the right part of the first pic under "My Promotions"? It is showing as a one time add on not every month. Are you thinking this was a recurring extra 2GB? What was the promo? Or as @esjliv mentioned the actual Plan data didn't reset?

As others above have indicated, your plan start isn't the 30th. It is every 30 days , the next being 10 Dec. If you still need help, contact a CAS as shown above.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Troutyguy  fyi, those 2 screenshots are showing a different start date.

So, your phone will not give you accurate usage of your Data used within a cycle unless you can adjust the dates to match your start date of your plan each renewal.

Your model phone likely cannot track by 30 days. 

Remember, Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track.

Try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details\id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Troutyguy wrote:

Cycle starts on the 30th paid my bill Nov 10th so 2 days ago now. How do I get this corrected and prevent it from happening again in the future?

@Troutyguy 

I see your next renewal is December 10th.

Plans are 30 day cycles, not monthly here at Public Mobile.

What exactly is the issue? Am I missing something?

EDIT - OH, wait...did your PLAN DATA not reset?  If so, then submit a ticket to CSA to investigate.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Need Help? Let's chat.