cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working!

Traderboy23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

K I lost my phone a while ago, ordered a new sim and I'm trying to log into my account but it says there's no account linked to my email which is super strange.

Id just like to port my number so I can finally use my phone again grrr

11 REPLIES 11

@Traderboy23     Try clearing cache/cookies and using incognito/private mode before logging into your account.  PM has had ongoing caching issues for the self serve account since it was update a little while ago.

edit:  too bad about the phone though..

Traderboy23

Yes it is very glitchy. At one point my account said I had 2.something gigs of data used last month which is less likely than an alien invasion. I always hate dealing with things online which makes me wonder why I ever switched to PM.

Traderboy23

Lol that would be a trick. I'm afraid it's not possible I had a low charge when I went out and the grass was up to my belly button in places. I tried to use my Google timeline to track my last location but the cow pasture is just beyond the range of cell service. I'm afraid my phone being lost was just what was meant to be. Thanks for your reply tho. You're the only one who assumed it may yet be waiting to be found. 

You have a drone right? For viewing your crops? Stick one of those thermal cameras on it and start looking. If the phone is on then it will be producing "some" heat. Or call it and see if you can locate the ring. Or use the find your phone or whatever variation and then use the drone to locate the coordinates. Or a gps. Unless it got crushed.

@Traderboy23 

Strange that your account was closed if you are keeping up with your payment.

Try refresh your browser page, clear cache, cookie and go incognito before entering the new SIM number. 
The new website is very glitchy.

@Traderboy23 wrote:

I didn't report it lost because it's in a field somewhere on the farm. 

So I have to report it lost first and then change the sim number? 

No, you should not need to report it lost, then resume to then be able to swap the sim card @Traderboy23 .

Is your account currently in Active status? If not, make a manual payment to get it reactivated again.

If your account is active, and you are still having issues using the sim swap feature, log out of My Account, open a tab in incognito mode, then try again.

If still issues click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

Traderboy23

I didn't report it lost because it's in a field somewhere on the farm. 

So I have to report it lost first and then change the sim number? 

@Traderboy23 - have you went to 'find your phone' resume services, it you listed it into lost/stolen status that is? Then, can you go and swap the SIM number?

Traderboy23

No I've been paying for my services. 

I finally got logged in PM decided finally that I'm a customer lol 

I just need to change the sim number associated with my account. I've tried doing it on my account but it doesn't seem to want to process the change 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If in nonpay status over 90 days or you ported out your public mobile phone number to another provider at one point, then this automatically closes your account with public and access to My Account @Traderboy23 

To confirm if the account is either Active or Suspended or ...gone.. call this number to check # 1-855-478-2542.

If the account is permanently closed, you will need to go through a new SIM card activation to get an account with public again: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Traderboy23 

How long ago did you lose your phone?

Hope it wasn’t longer than 3 months (90 days).

If it was then your account is closed, your old SIM is cancelled and your number is lost.

If it is less than 90 days, contact a CS_Agent to look into your account and change your SIM number.

Need Help? Let's chat.