cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working

Greeneyedmaria1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there so I chopped up my daughter's account which is this account on using I changed it from the $40 plan do the $25 plan it says the plan is there but her phone is not working what do I do cuz there's nobody I can talk to live so this is very frustrating for me I already changed my stuff to chatter because I had account credits and you guys took them all

8 REPLIES 8

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BarryS wrote:

@Greeneyedmaria1 Sorry to hear you are having difficulties, but if you could provide a few details, maybe the community can help.  What plan do you have and is it new or have you had it for a while?  Where you are located and where your daughter is trying to call?  Are you still with public mobile or did you switch to Chatr?

Ooops!  Disregard this last post!  I see help is already well underway!

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Greeneyedmaria1 Sorry to hear you are having difficulties, but if you could provide a few details, maybe the community can help.  What plan do you have and is it new or have you had it for a while?  Where you are located and where your daughter is trying to call?  Are you still with public mobile or did you switch to Chatr?

Greeneyedmaria1

Now when my daughter makes local calls it's telling her you cannot do this you need a long-distance plan I don't know what is going on with this company but I got ripped off for $80 for my phone so I switched to Chattr and now $20 later

@Greeneyedmaria1 While you are getting this sorted, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Greeneyedmaria1 wrote:

I'm assuming I change plan now because it says on it but I don't know about the whole active thing I will log into my account again and check I did this with my public mobile phone last month because I had credits and it ate my credits so I got pissed off and I went to chatter

If it "ate" your credits (I assume you mean "Available funds"?) it's likely that you did an immediate plan change, which forfeits all the remaining features in your current plan (all Canadian prepay provider work like that, not just Public Mobile!)

If you want to continue to use up the data in the existing plan, scheduling a future dated plan change is the way to go - the system will automatically switch to the new plan and charge the according amount to your "Available Funds" and/or your credit card if you are on auto pay.

If the account is active and shows the new plan I would first try to reboot the phone. (I assume you are switching to the $25 unlimited province wide calling and unlimited texts, without data included in the plan?)

A screen shot (with blacked out personal data) would help us help you. As would a bit of punctuation to make your posts slightly less confusing.

Greeneyedmaria1

I'm assuming I change plan now because it says on it but I don't know about the whole active thing I will log into my account again and check I did this with my public mobile phone last month because I had credits and it ate my credits so I got pissed off and I went to chatter

Greeneyedmaria1

The plans have been currently working I hook them up maybe a month or two ago and I've already talked up once so it's not the phone and I was reading and it says it could take 3 days for the plan to change I'm just confused because it's my daughter's phone and I really need her to have a working phone

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

What is make/model of the phone?

Login to the account to confirm Status is Active. Assume by $25 you mean provincial calling and international texting. When you requested the change did you click Activate now, or pick Activate on next renewal?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.