Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is not working 

13 REPLIES 13

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@49 wrote:

Trying to but no response 

Trying what @49 ?

I see you posted an issue yesterday. If you submitted a ticket already to CS_Agent, then poke them about it.

Again, are your services active? Is the call recipient you're trying to call active? Can you real sms text in and out? Can you accept calls? Can you browse the internet not on wifi?

Trying to but no response 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@49 

I have the same message at various spots along the highway in the Interior. When near Grand Forks or near Rossland for example. If travelling, just try again in a few minutes or select PM as preferred network in Settings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@49 - I recall this messaging happening to people and they needed Public Mobile customer support to fix their account. So if you are not affected by some of the suggestions already mentioned, then submit a ticket to CS_Agent to let customer support know about your issue.

Are you close to the border?  You could turn off Roaming in your settings so that it won't try to connect to a US tower

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Is your account currently active? Does this happen with all calls or just one? If just one, are they with Public and is their service currently active? If others, are they currently active? And finally, are you near the border and did you get a text saying welcome to the US?

@49 , that message is an indication that your account is in suspended status.  Did you have a renewal recently that did not complete?  Check your online account.

when I make a phone call it will not connect and I get a message saying that I do not have US add-on for roaming. I live in British Columbia. I don’t need US roaming being a customer for over a

Is this how you interact with all technical support call centres? (no this is not a call centre) Short meaningless sentences? The first reply gave you a bunch of ideas, did you try any of them?
More information is needed for us to help you. We can't read your mind. And nor do we have account access. But we have lots of ideas to try to get you on your way. We just need to know details of the problem.

Been a customer for over a year 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@49 

Check for outage in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Also, dial 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC to check on status of your account. It could be suspended due to late payment.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@49 - oh gosh, could be many things. What more can you tell us please? Are you a newly activated customer or have been a customer for some time and this is an all of a sudden thing?

I'll suggest basic troubleshooting, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.