cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not supporting non-Canadian icloud accounts

cmalmquist
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having heard good reviews about community mobile I opened an account with them only to learn that I am not able to install the app on my iPhone registered in Norway. I am thus not able to complete the sim registration. I learned this after paying for the service.

12 REPLIES 12

Yosemite_Sam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Then get a friend to finish for you. The application information will NOT remain on friends phone. 

Access to PM CAN be done on a computer there after. 

I think PM should review their “APP ONLY”activation process. 

cmalmquist

Thanks to all of you for helping out. Support cancelled my subscription and refunded my purchase. Case closed 🙂

cmalmquist

Hi @Yosemite_Sam - I started the process on my laptop, but after purchasing I was given a QR code linking in the App. Not worth the hassle changing over the iCloud user - especially as my phone is used for work and I am not keen on fiddling too much with this... 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

That's an app store limitation, not a phone service provider limitation. But good news is you only require the app for initial activation; once activated you can use the website. Just borrow a friend's phone or tablet to download the app for activation purposes, then you can delete the app off their device immediately after. 

Yosemite_Sam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thus another reason to be able to fully prescribe  on a desktop or laptop. 

Where are you located? 

Can you set up a Canadian iCloud account? 
I have a Canadian one and a USA one. 
That is, if that is the issue. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @cmalmquist 

you can ask a friend to help you with the app installation on your friend's phone, complete the activation there and your friend can then delete the app and you can access everything using browser after account is setup

And since you paid already, I heard support can in fact complete the activation for you, please submit ticket and tell you you paid and just need to choose phone number and complete the rest of the activation steps

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@cmalmquist  if you send a private message to customer service (the link is in the first reply to your post) they can cancel it for you - oh I see you already did that.  Sorry it didn't work out for you.

cmalmquist

I don't think I am going to fiddle anymore with this and I'll just stay with my Fido service for now. The initial month is probably void, but my problem now is that I am not able to cancel the recurring charge as I am not able to install their app... phuhh....

cmalmquist

Sorry - thought I emailed customer support and included a bit too much information in my initial post. 
My problem was related to the app not being available in my "app store region". 
I have send an email to the CS agent mentioned below requesting my account cancelled as I am not able to transfer my work phone to a canadian app store region. 
Thanks!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Do you know anyone with a Canadian phone who could download the app for you to complete activation and then delete it from their phone?   An iPad would work too.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cmalmquist 

????

What is your question?

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM is a prepaid service so the likelihood of you being reimbursed is slim, but you can always try by contacting a CS Agent below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.