cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sending or Receiving Texts

CourtneyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my Koodo number over today to public mobile. Everything looks like it is set up but my phone will not send or receive texts. Incoming and outgoing calls work as well as data. I have deactivated and re activated the account already, and went through all the settings on my phone already.  Koodo has deactivated my account already to everything should be set up.. 

24 REPLIES 24

Royston

It’s the SIM or the PM service.   
Will wait for ticket to go through I guess. 

Royston

Will swap with my husband and see if it works    Thx.  

@Royston wrote:

Me too…..switched lastnight.  Koodo to public.  Just no texts.  What iPhone do you have?

I have opened a ticket and am waiting for help.  

So, incoming calls work but just no incoming texts?

Yes, if you have another phone around, try to put the SIM into the 2nd phone, try to see if all these works

1. incoming calls

2. incoming text

3. outgoing calls

4. outgoing text

5. Mobile data

If all works, then put your SIM back to your phone and confirm again. 

Just want to see if it is a device issue or SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Royston : Yes, the features of what you're paying for. Calls in/out. Texts in/out (both SMS and MMS). Internet browsing.

Royston

I’m sorry for being daft but I don’t know what features….do I try to text someone and see if they get it?   

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Royston wrote:

Curious….how do you “test” if the SIM is working in the other phone?  Sorry if dumb question 

Just put the SIM in another unlocked phone.

If all features work, it's good.

Royston

Curious….how do you “test” if the SIM is working in the other phone?  Sorry if dumb question 

Royston

Me too…..switched lastnight.  Koodo to public.  Just no texts.  What iPhone do you have?

I have opened a ticket and am waiting for help.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CourtneyE wrote:

I ported my Koodo number over today to public mobile. Everything looks like it is set up but my phone will not send or receive texts. Incoming and outgoing calls work as well as data. I have deactivated and re activated the account already, and went through all the settings on my phone already.  Koodo has deactivated my account already to everything should be set up.. 

@CourtneyE 

It sounds like you are trying the right steps.

And since this is a Samsung, and you did try the SIM into another phone and the same issue happens, I would suggest asking CSA to check your account.

But before you submit a ticket, try this:

a Soft Resetpress and hold the Power button and the Volume down button down simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@CourtneyE 

Did you power off phone when you switched the SIM card? 
Wait a few minutes then power back on again?

I know you did a factory reset which should do the trick but power off might do the trick…never know.

CourtneyE

@Anonymous I tried the SIM card in an older Phone I have and I had the same issue. I disabled the chat again after the factory reset. Sorry for being difficult! I am thinking it must be an issue on PM's end. My koodo SIM worked fine (until the number switched to PM)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CourtneyE : Yeah I then saw your post about having done a factory reset.

So can you find the Message Centre in the texting app. It should be +16475800172 . I think that's just outgoing but something else to look for.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CourtneyE :Since it don't work in other phones too it must not be phone problem it must be Public Mobile problem, you'll have to contact customer support by click that white chatbot bubble in bottom right or write them private message by click envelope button on top right.

CourtneyE

@Anonymous  haha, I also did that too. I disabled the samsung chat feature in my settings. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CourtneyE : That's where I was headed. You need to turn off that option in the texting app. Unless you prefer to always need the internet for "texting" which is really instant messaging. Standard SMS texting doesn't need the internet.

CourtneyE

@TheGx  I tried that. still could make calls and use data. no texts 😕 

CourtneyE

@JK8 

I did factory reset of the phone this afternoon in frustration. still nothing. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CourtneyE :Can you try put your sim card into another phone to see if it work in other phones?

CourtneyE

@Anonymous  It sends over "samsung chat messaging" which goes through wifi/data but not actual texts.

CourtneyE

nope. it will send the "samsung chat messages" which go over wifi and data. but actually texts do not work. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@CourtneyE 

Try clearing the storage and cache in the messaging app and reboot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CourtneyE : If you connect to wifi or mobile data do any texts go in or out?

CourtneyE

no it is a samsung 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CourtneyE : Is this with an iphone?

Need Help? Let's chat.