cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network. Galaxy s8

Aaron13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, first Sim card was activated with confirmation email and did not work (not registered on network) fallowed hepler chat bot instructions - turned restarted phone, pulled Sim out and back in, turned airplane mode on then off, reset all my network connections (Bluetooth, WiFi, network), manually tried to connect to public network and switched sims with my dad. Figured it was a falty Sim I drove to town and purchased another. I did the exact same thing with the new SIM with the same results. My dad and I both have the Samsung galaxy s8 and his phone connected no problem(not with my cards). We both joined public Mobile today and it's not working for me. Our phones were also purchased the same day(years back) I don't know what to do and I'm suspicious it could be an account problem. Looking at my account everything is in order and payed for. It's truly frustrating that I can't talk to a professional and I hope someone here can help. Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9
Moved:

customer already said more than 16 earlier that the device is compatible as it was tested with another Public Mobile SIM card

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron13 

It sounds like there is a backend issue with your SIM. As others have noted, contact a CS_Agent to fix this problem.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So your SIM not working in either phone, your dad's SIM works in both phones.

Contact Support agents to get any account and SIM provisioning issues fixed.

@Aaron13 

Most likely a provisioning issue....submit a ticket and it will be fixed in the morning by a CSA.

Aaron13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes my phone has connection with my dad's Sim card, just not my 2cards I put in. It also shows that I have bars... Like I connected buuut I have no service at all. 

@Aaron13 

Sounds like a sim card provisioning issue. Type in "sim card not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but you will have to wait until morning for a reply. You may have created two accounts with the second sim card so have the CSA check for that as well.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Aaron13 

Customer service is only via online community and contact with customer service agent (if needed).  No call centre.  Even worse timing is that the community website is going over a major overhaul over night starting really soon.  So, nobody can use the website until the morning.  

Were you charged for the activation of both SIM cards?  Check your credit card statement.  Were you porting your number over?  

Might be an account provision issue.  SIM cards are rarely defective.  Might have to submit ticket for moderator help.  

@Aaron13 wrote:

Hello, first Sim card was activated with confirmation email and did not work (not registered on network) fallowed hepler chat bot instructions - turned restarted phone, pulled Sim out and back in, turned airplane mode on then off, reset all my network connections (Bluetooth, WiFi, network), manually tried to connect to public network and switched sims with my dad. Figured it was a falty Sim I drove to town and purchased another. I did the exact same thing with the new SIM with the same results. My dad and I both have the Samsung galaxy s8 and his phone connected no problem(not with my cards). We both joined public Mobile today and it's not working for me. Our phones were also purchased the same day(years back) I don't know what to do and I'm suspicious it could be an account problem. Looking at my account everything is in order and payed for. It's truly frustrating that I can't talk to a professional and I hope someone here can help. Thank you. 

Does your dad's SIM card and service work fine in your phone?   If that's the case, the only thing you can do is go back to chatbot and open a ticket to a customer support agent. Only they can fix an account issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.