cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification code

Mhoakey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported my number yesterday from Lucky Mobile. I can send and receive texts to friends aswell I can make and receive phone calls although I am unable to receive verification codes from any sources including Public Mobile. Lucky mobile has confirmed the number was ported. I've searched and tried many different things via settings in my phone as well as looked through the community for help/PM website with no solution. Does anyone know how to solve this who has had this issue? I'm seeing many people posting about this same issue. Please help 😞 

4 REPLIES 4

Mhoakey

Thank you

Mhoakey

Thank you for your wise words. This makes perfect sense to prevent fraud. I appreciate you're help

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mhoakey if you receive inbound calls without problem, the port was already completed.  It is normal for verification codes to start coming later, maybe 3 days.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mhoakey 

First, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends?  If so, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.  

Need Help? Let's chat.