cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification code from US Bank

smf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried to find this solution but nothing seems to fit with my issue.  I can't get verification codes from my bank and I know that they are sending it to the correct number as I have checked it with them.  I have spoken with the bank many times and they have confirmed that it is being sent but I'm not getting these.  They have looked into it and say it is a carrier issue.  Anyone know how to fix this so that I can get these?  I have had similar issues with some other companies (but not all...some work some don't).  HELP please!

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smf 

Please note that international shortcode text, like 2FA text from US banks, are not guaranteed., it is a hit or miss. Regular international text are ok but not shortcodes.  It might work on some providers sometime and experience show it will broke sometime 

only Canadian shortcode text found here are guaranteed 
https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/

So, it is better to check with your overseas bank and see if you can receive the 2FA using other ways, such as email or authenticator app

Also, if your just ported in your number, regular Canadian shortcode text might delay 3 to 7days.   Some banks  put the delay on purpose in case of sim fraud

Need Help? Let's chat.