cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

dverhey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I suddenly can't receive SMS. It worked fine the other day and I can send SMS ok, but replies are not coming through.

This happened a few months ago too. No messages for several days and then a flood of the backlog within 2 minutes.

I have a basic flip phone with no added apps, etc. I have tried re-booting the phone with no success.

We have had a death in the family and I can't be missing messages right now!!!

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

dverhey

I opened a ticket with PM via the chat. The agent tried "resetting the network" -- whatever that means -- but nothing happened. Until 5 am this morning when the system suddenly barfed up all the texts I didn't get over the last 2 days. Including all the test messages I sent to my own phone number last night.

That's the second time this has happened to me in the last couple of months.

dverhey

Yes it supports LTE. It's the same phone I've used for years, on PM -- a Kyocera DuraXE.

I don't have a smartphone. I don't want a smart phone. I want a tough phone that can talk and text, that's it.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dverhey: Have you tried switching the SIM to a different phone to try out to see if this issue occurs? That's what I would normally do if I cannot figure out if anything is wrong with the phone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dverhey Does the flip phone support LTE network? Try your sim in a smartphone if you have to see if you run into the same issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.