cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some texts/delayed texts

smile1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just the last couple months there have been multiple contacts whose texts do not come through. Or if they do come through, they'll suddenly show up days after they were sent, but the timestamp says they were sent days ago. 

I have been with public mobile for years and never had this problem until now. How do I fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

@smile1 

turn off device take out SIM card and if you have other device treid to insert SIM.

for iphone

• Reset Network Settings  >> How to Reset Network Settings
  • check  APN settings  >>  How to Set APN
  • Go to Settings and tap "Messages," then make sure "MMS Messaging" is turned on by swiping the button to the right.
  • MMS Go to Settings-> Cellular-> then tap the switch to enable Cellular Data.
  • Update iOS > Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
  • and rebooting device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Well that is weird @smile1 . Sounds possibly network related where messages being sent to you are experiencing weak signals from either your end of the sender's end; so they are continuing to attempt to send until they are received. And some may not end up being received.

Have you did the other things like restart, network reset of device, remove and reinsert your sim card, tried your sim into another phone and tested for a period of time (then move it back), etc. ?

I presume you are using iMessage. Perform these steps to ensure messages send/receive whether or not you have wifi/data available:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

smile1

Yes I have data. And no I'll be at home for a full day on the wifi and then suddenly get a text from 3 days ago. 

smile1

imessage. But some messages I never received at all. So there could be other messages from people that I just never receieved and I won't know...

Do you have data left in your account?

Do the messages come in when you get connected to a wifi?

Can you otherwise browse the internet with cellular data (not wifi)?

hi@smile1   are they sending you iMessage or Text?  What could is the message when you finally got it?  it can show you if it is iMessage or Text

Also, if it is only a problem from particular contacts, it could also be their problem 

smile1

iphone 

smile1

I have an iphone and as far as I know the times I have not received a message or it was delayed it was from an iphone as well. Yes I leave data on all the time but also frequently on wifi when at home. And I am in a good signal area.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@smile1 

• turn off device take out SIM card and inserted in other device and turn on,
  • or go to your text app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of Messages app,
  • if sending MMS messages > Ensure that you have a data mobile connection is on,
  • check your software ios update, and rebooting device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@smile1 If these are MMS being affected, there were some issues that seemed to start in July that were reported.

Not sure if this is your issue, but perhaps check out this post, if so: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Odd-MMS-issue/m-p/858480/highlight/true#M...

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@smile1 hi what type of phone are you using?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are those senders using iphones? Are you? Do you leave your cellular data on all the time? Or are you often on wifi? Or are you using group messaging? Or chat on Android?

Are you in a weak signal area?

Need Help? Let's chat.