cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving or able to send text or iMessages

ACMBryan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined PM two days ago. Transferred my phone number, and am able to receive calls no problem (I think), however, I have not been able to send or receive text messages. I have followed the steps that I've found on here, but most do not apply to me. I am unable to enter My Phone number into my phone, it allows me to enter it, but will not save it.  When I try to enter it under my name and email, it tells me it's going to send a text to verify it, but I cannot and do not receive the verification texts so they're useless.  And it doesn't matter if I power it down, turn iMessage on and off until the cows come home, I get a message that there was an error with iMessage and it was unsuccessful. This has been the most frustrating experience, if it's not resolved by tomorrow I'm done with PM. Honestly, this is crazy. Can anyone offer any help, I'm on day three of no text messages. 

9 REPLIES 9

ACMBryan

They responded to me within the hour! It may be because it was first thing this morning, I'm not sure. They ended up having to give me a new eSIM card and after that everything is working again. Good LUCK!! 

@Inez2   They usually reply quite quickly, you would look for a reply either at the envelope icon top right of this page, or periodically tap your avatar and check Messages there in the drop down menu if you don't see an envelope.

Inez2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

about how long does it take to get a response and will it show up here or somewhere else.

I'm a senior and don't know much about this kind of thing and have no one to help me with it.

Inez2

Thank you, i just followed you're direction.

hopefully i will hear back soon. I'm beyond frustrated.

@Inez2  Clicking on the link should take you to a pre-addressed private message to support where you just fill in the subject title and then explain the problem in the message box, then hit send message.  It doesn't usually give an error like the chatbot sometimes does.  If it did then I would try again, first at the chat/message icon bottom right of this page, and then if that doesn't work try the private message again.

Inez2

I have been trying for 2 days to send a ticket, it gives me an error everytime. THIS is so frustrating.

then i went to the private message and got the same iinformation, to submit a ticket. still getting the error.

now im here and still cant get any help..so i will have to find another provider as I have lots of family and friends that do not have an Iphone.

ACMBryan

Sorry I doubted PM! They got me up and running right away. Awesome!!

ACMBryan

Thank you, I have submitted a ticket. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@ACMBryan  There is currently a technical problem with text messages for some new customers. Support can fix it, submit a ticket using the chat/message icon bottom right of this page. If that doesn't work send a private message to agents using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.