cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

youfar1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I transferred my phone to public mobile 24 hours ago and I’m still not receiving any calls nor any text messages. I’m wondering what I should do because I turned off airplane mode and made sure I’m not on do not disturb.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

akkerala
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It seems the porting was not successful, you need to make sure that you keep the older sim live to receive the porting confirmation SMS from your existing provider and must reply YES atmost within an hour.

If this didn't happen try to put up the porting request again with Public mobile.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@youfar1 

open ticket to check transfer mobile number in is complete Customer Support Agent. Chatbot

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@youfar1  If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@youfar1 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins.  Did yiu got the text and did yiu reply?? Sound like you might have  missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to all to talk to live support and the can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.