cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

dbrouillard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New account just set up on an iPhone 6.  Using a new number (so not a porting issue).  Able to text and to make outgoing calls.  But incoming calls are not getting through.  Restarted the phone several times.  Did a reset of network settings... Turned off the do not disturb function... but incoming calls still ain't coming through.

23 REPLIES 23

Madison_07

Try restarting your phone 

Here's another link to deregister your phone number from apple iMessage if by chance your number is still linked to a former person who had the number:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dbrouillard wrote:

New account just set up on an iPhone 6.  Using a new number (so not a porting issue).  Able to text and to make outgoing calls.  But incoming calls are not getting through.  Restarted the phone several times.  Did a reset of network settings... Turned off the do not disturb function... but incoming calls still ain't coming through.

@dbrouillard 

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
  • Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password
  • This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dbrouillard 

A lot of good suggestions here worth trying!  🙂

I like @Nezgar's suggestion of ensuring a ticket is in with the Moderators here... go through the SIMon chatbot to simplify it, because you can login and attach your account to your ticket.  Hopefully they can double check that everything is setup/provisioned correctly.

You can try a factory-reset of your iPhone as the other step... everything else are other things you can try too.

First of all, I hope a ticket is in with the moderators to check/reset things on the network side.

Then I think its good to check the Do Not Disturb, Blocked Phone Numbers, and Silence Unknown Callers settings.

Lastly dial the following codes to make sure any call forwarding settings aren't inadvertently set:

##21#   clear/reset unconditional call forwarding

##004#  clear/reset conditional call forwarding (busy, no answer, offline)

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the same issue before a long time ago and i did the first things to iphone factory reset,

If you can't receive calls on your iPhone visit HERE 

To reset your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. If you've got an iCloud backup set up, iOS will ask if you'd like to update it, so you don't lose unsaved data. i advise you to follow this advice, and tap Back Up Then Erase. if you have a photos or videos or contact number you need it to save it you know,

and one more things do you are a new Activated or existing customer !

if you do that and you try it with another device and you have a same issue i advise you to contacting to Moderator Team to the can check it for your account,

and if your friend have another sim card can you try it,
or replacement your sime card maybe the issue with it,

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

@dbrouillard wrote:

It was another iPhone...

For the SMS... stays in verification mode and won't switch to Public Mobile netwok

you meant your iPhone is not receiving verfication code for your Apple ID?  Look like your carrier setting is not updated, check this:

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

@dbrouillard 

Is the iPhone 6 in the latest IOS 14.6? Sometimes they may affect the network connection.

Go to settings>general>software update.

@dbrouillard 

If possible try SIM card in an Android phone.  If it works in Android phone, it is the setup issue with iPhone system.  If it does not work in Android phone, then it is a Public mobile service issue and you will need to contact moderator as described above.  

Check your iPhone settings and make sure that your new phone number is assigned to your apple ID/iCloud.  If not assigned, sign out of iCloud and sign back in.  Or as described above, connect your phone to iTunes.  Might need to reconnect to apple servers.  

Sorry, no iphone expert and not sure if this is needed, but I see advise like this before.  Did you connect your iphone to the computer.  Launch iTune for update and to download carrier profile?  

dbrouillard

Nowhere... Just get a pre-recorded message to the effect I tried to reach a number that is not available for incoming calls.

dbrouillard

It was another iPhone...

For the SMS... stays in verification mode and won't switch to Public Mobile netwok

@dbrouillard 

Was the other phone that you tried another iPhone or android?  

Might want to try to logout of your Apple id from your phone/iMessages.  Then log back in.  Make sure that you choose able to be contacted by Apple id and the new PM phone number.  

was the incoming call going into voicemail or going nowhere?

how long you have activated the line?

I doubt it is the SIM as it is making outgoing calls and text without issue (maybe data no issue as well)

yes, I guess you should open a ticket with Mod  It did happen before that there was issue with the number they gave out (although the issues were different)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dbrouillard

The issue remains even when I try the SIM on another phone.... so either the SIM is faulty or it's a network issue...

@dbrouillard  how long you have activated?

As said above, i guess try friends who have different providers to call.  Would be a better test if they are on PM or Telus

Also, if you are really worry, maybe open a ticket with mod first?

BlueB

@dbrouillard 

Have you tried your SIM in a different phone?

Re-inserting your SIM is unlikely to change much because your phone was able to connect to the network (with your SIM) so it's likely not that.  A reboot, if anything, could help, but it seems like the problem is beyond that.

There was a good suggestion by @hTideGnow to try and have somebody else on Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile to try calling you too.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I know ported number might take a bit a time for some providers to learn to route call properly.   Not sure about new PM number.  But I think if it was a number used before and got ported out of PM, now that it returns back to PM, maybe the same idea holds?  

I would assume it would be perfect test if you have a friend on PM (or even Telus or Koodo) to call you.  If they call you and your phone rings, then it will for sure be all good eventaully.

dbrouillard

Outgoing calls are OK.  But not getting incoming texts or calls... Took out the SIM card and put it back in... but that didn't fix the issue.

BlueB

@dbrouillard 

Sometimes it does take a short while for the system to recognize your new phone number for you to receive calls.  Is there another phone you can try your SIM card in?  This would tell us if it's your phone or your account.  Are you able to receive text messages?

If your SIM works on another phone (ie. you're getting calls), then it's your phone.  If you still can't receive calls, it could be an account issue.  In that case, you'd need to contact a Moderator (staff) so they can double check your account: Open a ticket via SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) or send them a message directly here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dbrouillard  how about incoming text? does that work?

Did you try reseat you SIM (power off, take SIM out, wipe it clean, put it back and powering back up)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dbrouillard 

Did you Restart the phone or Power Off the phone? You need to Power Off the phone and leave off for a few minutes before Powering back on again.

It may take up to 90 minutes for service to work.

If all fails, contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon Chat button and ask to contact a moderator or human.

Need Help? Let's chat.