cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls (Bell to Public Mobile)

v_bahlca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have tried porting over three phones from Bell to Public and I replied YES to the texts but cannot receive incoming calls.

Please help.

13 REPLIES 13

v_bahlca

Thanks, I did open a ticket with PM

@v_bahlca - are these are Bell cell ports or any landlines?

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text from BELL for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues or never replied YES, you may also submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

v_bahlca

Yes, using iPhone. Messages I am receiving are from android phones.

@v_bahlca wrote:

I switched the service last night.

Funny part is I am receiving SMS messages. But the call is going to voice mail

@v_bahlca   are you using iPhone? you could be receiving iMessage and not really SMS

v_bahlca

I switched the service last night.

Funny part is I am receiving SMS messages. But the call is going to voice mail

@v_bahlca wrote:

Hi, PM account shows my correct number. I will try and shut the phones again for few minutes.

Yes, the call goes to Bell voice mail.

shutting my phone now for  5 min 

Hope this works.

Thanks

@v_bahlca  if calls still going to Bell VM, that mean Bell has not pass the phone number to Public Mobile yet, 

you called the porting support team yet?  they will provide you update

v_bahlca

Hi, PM account shows my correct number. I will try and shut the phones again for few minutes.

Yes, the call goes to Bell voice mail.

shutting my phone now for  5 min 

Hope this works.

Thanks

@v_bahlca @When porting to a new carrier it’s important to leave old SIM card in to replay yes to the text as you indicated you have but it also needs to be done within 90 mins of receiving the Confirmation text also 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@v_bahlca   you ported over 3 phones form bell to PM, none of them can receive incoming calls?

When did you reply YES?  usually it takes 30 mins to 4 hours for the port to complete

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can provide update or  re-trigger the process for you if needed.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it sorted out

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@v_bahlca 

If you just ported from Bell, there is another 90 minutes to complete the porting process so you Bell SIM will continue to work until porting is completed.

Once it stops working then POWER OFF (not turning off the screen or restart the phone) your phone then swap the Bell SIM with the PM SIM.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Does ANY of 3 ported numbers/phone receive calls on expected - transferred numbers?

Did you try to reboot phone - turn it off, wait a bit, turn it on?

When you call your Bell number - where it goes? Still to Bell (voice mail)?

v_bahlca

Hi, yes few times.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@v_bahlca @Have you rebooted the phone yet ?

Need Help? Let's chat.