cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls or texts

chrisnolan1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have not been able to receive incoming calls and texts foe the last two days.

My plan is still active and everything seems to be in order.

Can anybody please assist?

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : The company is abysmal at responding around here. Few to none acknowledgements of a problem. Then even fewer announcing a problem is fixed.

@darlicious : Or the one report of changing the texting app. But doesn't it sound more like the ol' re/re of the SIM? Anyway, whatever works I guess.

@softech 

Nope....that's all I got for ya....and the work around solution of putting your SIM card in another phone.

Thanks @darlicious .. but no words if that was resolved, right?

@softech 

They are aware as of yesterday......

From my post tagging Jade_ S earlier in this thread.From my post tagging Jade_ S earlier in this thread.

@darlicious wrote:

@J_PM 

This seems to be a brand new issue within the back end as this is the 5th customer in the last 48 hours reporting this issue. Maybe its time for the tech team to be directly involved.

So, we don't have a confirmation from PM that this is indeed an issue they are aware of  or if this issue is fixed yet, right?

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chrisnolan1989 @graticulate @amygun 

Are you still experiencing this issue?  One of my family members whose account I manage has experienced the same issues as you guys for about a week.  No incoming calls or texts.  Outgoing calls and texts ok.

I suggested she try the trick that the OP did in the link that @darlicious posted above.  That is, move the SIM to another phone, then back again.  As she didn't have access to another phone, she just moved the SIM to another slot on her dual SIM phone and  it worked immediately.  It continued working after she moved the SIM back to the original slot.

So maybe give that a shot.  Move the SIM to another phone (or slot in a dual SIM phone) and then back again.  Hope it works for you.

By the way, are you guys on the $15 plan by any chance?

graticulate

I know you're trying to help but just shooting out an idea when people have actual network issues is a waste of everyones time and won't make your discount per month any bigger.

graticulate

hey man, I was one of the first users to report this issue, i've spent the past week arguing with level 1 tech support over how this is 100% my phone and not an issue on their network. All we can do now is try the regular diagnostic steps and hope that Public Mobile can get their **bleep** together. Seriously some CSA dude refused to even read a single word I was writing while reiterating that I need to restart my phone 100 times. The telltale signs as far as I can tell are that you can send texts and calls but can not receive them. I would suggest logging into your selfserve account if you are able, and look under the usage tab. Let me know if it shows activity that you yourself have not seen. 

I know this sucks, but honestly I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. It is not an issue with your sim card, anyone telling you to try cleaning your sim card does not know a bloody thing about cellphones or technology as a whole. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amygun wrote:

Still not working.

@amygun 

then Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

amygun

Still not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amygun 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here 

or Here 

for android visit Here ,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@amygun 

Looks like this is a system issue. Hopefully pm gets to the bottom of it quickly. Response times are well under an hour.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisnolan1989 @amygun 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

amygun

@darlicious 

Thx. I currently have an open ticket.

not new to public mobile, tried restoring network settings, tried power on/off, tried re-seating the SIM card, tried adding the google messenger app, super frustrating!

@amygun 

Your #6. Open a ticket with the CSA's. The thread has been tagged for pm management.

Edit:

Unless you are a new customer porting in your number.

amygun

I am having the same issue! Incoming calls all going to voicemail and not receiving incoming texts. Outgoing, no problem.

I have a Samsung A70.

@chrisnolan1989 

Looks like something happened a few days ago.....we will add you to the growing list of users with this problem.

@J_PM 

This seems to be a brand new issue within the back end as this is the 5th customer in the last 48 hours reporting this issue. Maybe its time for the tech team to be directly involved.

@chrisnolan1989 wrote:

Yup, outgoing calls, texts and data are working.

I have tried all of the above and still not working...

@chrisnolan1989 

Perform a RESET of your NETWORK SETTINGs.

If that doesn't work, yes, submit a ticket - @softech provided methods above.

If you do submit a ticket, and Customer Service says why this happened, please let us know. Strange other cases are popping up the last couple of days.

I wonder if it is area/tower/plan/other? specific?

chrisnolan1989

Yup, outgoing calls, texts and data are working.

I have tried all of the above and still not working...

@chrisnolan1989  I hate to just ask you to open ticket with PM.. but if you tried all the suggestions and still unable to receive calls and texts.. you might want to open ticket with PM Customer Support.  There have been  some number of posts about this last 2 days.  It might need to get PM involved to re-provision your SIM on the system.

(After you open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Customer Support Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chrisnolan1989     So, outgoing calls and text and data work without issue?

did you try reboot your phone?

did you try changing the network to "3G Only"

E-3G_Only.png

If both fail as well, try reseating the SIM (power off, take SIM out and wipe clean, then put it back and power up)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@chrisnolan1989 wrote:

Hi,

I have not been able to receive incoming calls and texts foe the last two days.

My plan is still active and everything seems to be in order.

Can anybody please assist?

Check that your plan is Active. Have you tried shutting down the phone, then restarting ? Try toggling airplane mode on / off.

edit...can you call out and use plan data still ?

Need Help? Let's chat.