cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving authentication sms

Topmega
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I just moved my line from freedom mobile to public mobile and I have not been receiving authentication sms code send to my message from 28849 when I login into my investment account. I have also checked my settings if this number was blocked from message delivery but not. Please does anyone have idea or know what I should do.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

@Topmega 

Your welcome. BTW.... to tag a member just tap the "@" key for a pop up box to appear with members usernames in it. If you don't see the members name you want just keep typing til you do....

Topmega

Thank you for your help

Topmega

Thanks for your help

@Topmega 

Some investment portfolio companies take up to 7 days to recieve 2FA test messages. Try again after 7 days to see if you can recieve those texts then.

Note:

Switching to the 3G network only will not fix a texting issue as texting works on both the 3G and 4G LTE network. This troubleshooting tip will only work for certain calling issues as pm uses the 3G network for voice calls.

@Topmega wrote:

Thanks.

I just tried the Canada Govt website, it works but others like my investment acc is still not working. This is frustrating.

@Topmega  it takes time.. different systems require different length of time.  This is part of porting and not because you are in PM.  Couple more days and you will be good.

Topmega

Thanks.

I just tried the Canada Govt website, it works but others like my investment acc is still not working. This is frustrating.

@Topmega wrote:

Thank you so mush.

I do receive sms from friends just the 2FA SMS am not receiving.

Hope they get it fixed, this is really frustrating I really need to access my account.

This is normal.  The bank do this for security measure to avoid SIM Fraud.  

Same thing happens with short codes.  This system generated app needs time to learn the new "home" of your phone number  

It should be all good in couple days

@Anonymous wrote:

OH MY!!! S--S do you UNDERSTAND what OP is asking????

He is NOT receiving AUTHENTICATION code from his bank/investment company. Nothing wrong with his service.

Per experience, auth. codes in recently ported MOBILE numbers will take a while to start arriving.

@Topmega- go to Canada Government site and try to log in; they will send you auth. code by SMS. Let us know it That works.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Topmega 

A few more things to try:

- Clear cache of messaging app. Stop and restart.

- Reset network settings.

Topmega

Thanks, I tried still not working.

Topmega

Thank you so mush.

I do receive sms from friends just the 2FA SMS am not receiving.

Hope they get it fixed, this is really frustrating I really need to access my account.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Topmega wrote:

Hello

I just moved my line from freedom mobile to public mobile and I have not been receiving authentication sms code send to my message from 28849 when I login into my investment account. I have also checked my settings if this number was blocked from message delivery but not. Please does anyone have idea or know what I should do.

Thanks

@Topmega 

Try putting your phone on 3G (WCDMA) to see if it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Topmega wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I already port to public mobile like 4days back and their service are great except am not receiving authentication sms when I login in my investment account. It shows the code have been sent to my message but I don't receive it.

@Topmega 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

or if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@Topmega wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I already port to public mobile like 4days back and their service are great except am not receiving authentication sms when I login in my investment account. It shows the code have been sent to my message but I don't receive it.

this is a different issue.

You are getting regular SMS from friends now?

It is normal that sms  from financial intuitions (or other shortcodes) won't work right a way, it sometimes take couple days to a week.  this is to avoid SIM fraud.  

Since you ported into PM for 4 days already, you should start getting those 2FA SMS soon, maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Topmega

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Topmega : The replies from S--S and hTideGnow  are for porting.....not 2FA texts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Topmega 

if you miss it the SMS try to do Rebooting your phone with SIM card freedom mobile,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Topmega 

It has been previously reported that authentication codes such as these may take a few days to begin for a new service with Public Mobile.

See this prior thread for helpful details & discussion:

Solved: Re: Not receiving SMS verification text from Wealt... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Topmega  so, you have not got the message to authenticate the move yet?  You have to reply within 90 mins.  I will  message you the number to call to confirm the porting status.  Please check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.