cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Incoming Calls on my new SIM

Chidinma82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I recently bought a new public mobile SIM, I dont receive incoming calls, I dont know this is happeneing. It has never worked since i got the SIM Card. Please assist

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long have you had the sim and activated it? How long have you had to go without receiving calls? You have more patience than I, sounds like a porting issue and the solutions above from the community will go a long way to fixing your issue. Just confirm your situation~!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Chidinma82   did you just port your number into PM?  IF that is the case, look like it was a stuck port, maybe because you didn't answer the text from your old provider?

There is a team you can call and check the status of your porting request. .  I will message you the phone number to call.   Please check your inbox here in the Community

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Chidinma82 

Try rebooting the phone by holding down the power then power the phone back on.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you properly activate your new PM SIM?

Is this bran new account?

Is this SIM swapping?

Little bit more details, please.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chidinma82 

We need more info from you before we can help you.

1.  You purchased a new PM SIM card to activate a new PM plan and port your number from your previous provider to your newly activated PM plan.

OR

2.  You purchased a new PM SIM card to replace the SIM card in your current PM plan

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Chidinma82  - edit, did you activate with a NEW number or a transferred over one from another provider?

Have you restarted your phone and preformed a reset of the device's network settings since you activated?

If not, try those 2 things first.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If this was a porting over number and issues are still happening or you missed the approval text, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If this was a new number activation, are you an iphone user?

Maybe you need to de-register the number that was on the phone previously?

Need Help? Let's chat.