cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving 6-digit code

PS236
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend recently got PublicMobile, but she's not able to login to her account because she does not receive the 6-digit code, even after clicking 'Resend code' multiple times. She is not able to ask for support because she can't even login. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

hi @PS236 so, she went back?? 

it's ok, we are happy as long as she gets a good deal

enjoy

PS236

Just to update: unfortunately she went back to her old carrier (they gave her a good deal), so the problem has been resolved by default

HI @PS236 

"old sim card"?  Old carrier sim card?  if it is still receiving text and working, the port was not done!!!

I think she should call the porting support team to confirm if the port was completed.  Will send you the phone number to your community inbox

PS236

The 'Didn't get the code?' message didn't show up for her. She didn't get an option to send by email.

I was able to call her as well.

The problem is actually resolved for now though. I asked her to put in her old SIM card, and she started receiving all the codes she missed before. She was able to login.

Thanks everyone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @PS236 

so, after clicking Resend code, is there an option to Send via email?

if the email option is not there, you can ask agent to check what is wrong as the email option should be there.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

And is she getting inbound calls?  I just worry the porting was not completed.  Try to call her from a non-PM, non-Telus phone to confirm

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PS236 

It happens often. You just need to send it to her email. This is how.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709077324220.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709077324353.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Need Help? Let's chat.