Mayor / Maire

I see so many times here:

Don’t know my pin #

Can’t log into My Account

My password does not work 

etc 

My suggestion:

Once online activation is complete,

Allow to download a PDF file or mail a PDF file with a summary of “all” that was entered for future  reference and to verify any errors that need correcting.

Everything that applies to My Account and My Rewards and same for Community Account!

Perhaps make some yellow boxes where passwords can be hand written in. Or some hints for what the password is. 

And a thanks for be becoming a PM customer. 

@popping 

9 REPLIES 9

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Great suggestion but it will work for a very few people as most will misplace that email, file, etc. Even if they print it out it will be 'lost' somewhere.

I do not agree providing password in writing. That will be liability issue for provider as client can say 'they send me pass by email, I got hacked and pass is stolen. I am going to sue!!!'. It is up to client to remember, write down, etc. passwords and even IDs.

Opening an account anywhere is a sensitive process. Best done with pen and paper ready recording everything you enter. Then white all info in orderly manner and use secured password manager.

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk  - I absolutely get where you are going with this.

I activated in-store with another provider, and was emailed a 6 page pdf document with a bunch of information, such as: account holder info., rate/plan and features, terms of service, roaming info., etc...

No pins or passwords, but at least email and account name (with how it was set up) is all there.

Wow.....now that is a good idea! 🥴🥴

@esjliv 

Thank you. Some are wearing blinders and some not. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk  - I absolutely get where you are going with this.

I activated in-store with another provider, and was emailed a 6 page pdf document with a bunch of information, such as: account holder info., rate/plan and features, terms of service, roaming info., etc...

No pins or passwords, but at least email and account name (with how it was set up) is all there.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk   

No matter what we do , people would still forgot their password/username.   You would thought people would be at least serious enough to write them down.   But surprise people don't even remember the email they use.  

@hTideGnow 

I do feel, some form, that this would help for “some” but not all. 
Or to print a form to new customer to fill in as you activate. 
Some are totally careless. Some would remember to refer to it. 

@will13am 

Take a better read......I offered an alternative for passwords!

@will13am wrote:

Sorry I could not agree with that.  This is a security risk.  Passwords are salted and encrypted.  I don't believe the CSAs know your password.  

HI @will13am   I agree.  In fact, I am a bit surprise they will text you the PIN.

But , the should allow changing PIN on My Account.  if you need it more secure, then send a text to the phone for 2FA before allow to change PIN 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CountyDownIeUk   

No matter what we do , people would still forgot their password/username.   You would thought people would be at least serious enough to write them down.   But surprise people don't even remember the email they use.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry I could not agree with that.  This is a security risk.  Passwords are salted and encrypted.  I don't believe the CSAs know your password.  

Need Help? Let's chat.