cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting txt msg for payment/rewards

Jonathan1980
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About two payment cycles ago, I was getting a txt confirming payment and rewards. Is it normal I'm not getting those anymore? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I usually have my phone on silent, so text messages don't bother me. If anything, I'm just happy to get them because it makes me feel like I'm using them at least. Plus, they're helpful. 😛

Same. I use DND and allow for my contacts to get past the DND for phone calls only, as well as repeat callers. No texts or emails etc get through.

@DennyCrane- I use DND because the door intercom goes to my phone. I won't be answering flailing door calls by anybody trying to get in in the middle of the night. But yes I never understood why people didn't like getting the very few texts from their phone provider. Does it really hurt that much? Marketing stuff sure. But these were informative texts, not marketing. Some promos yes, but not Telus health or whatever junk like that. That crap comes in via email.

It amazes me how many people don't use DND when they're sleeping. And that are bothered by a text that is easily dismissed/ignored. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jonathan1980 

I could either live or live without the text because I monitor my account every couple of weeks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jonathan1980 many people don't like the text, mainly because the time they sent 

But I am surprised so many people actually miss the text now 

Jonathan1980
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You're funny. Thanks 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jonathan1980  Yes they stopped sending the payment text back in April I believe . But for friend referrals you should still get the cha Ching text afterwards 

Need Help? Let's chat.