cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting calls from US/Vonage #'s

harrysidhu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm able to make calls and get calls from PublicMobile. I dont get calls from US and vonage numbers. Does not ring on phone and goes to Voice Mail directly. Tried calling from other networks, my call rings and goes to Voice Mail directly showing not available

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@harrysidhu 

Did the issue start after your plan renewed? If after trying the troubleshooting steps already mentioned and the issue persists it could be a provisioning issue with your sim card. 

1. When you remove the sim card test it in another phone if possible. But leave the phone powered off and the sim card removed for at least 10 minutes before reinserting it and rebooting.
  2. Log into your account. Make a manual $1 top up payment to your account. Log out and reboot.
  3. Use this tip only if you do not have the time to contact customer support now or if this issue occurs when customer support is closed. Log into your account. Go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot. Using this troubleshooting tip can fix this issue but causes a glitch with your rewards not being applied upon renewal. After renewing you must contact customer support to have a CSA apply your rewards manually.
  4. If everything suggested fails to solve the issue contact customer support to reprovision your sim card and reset your account.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@harrysidhu wrote:

I'm able to make calls and get calls from PublicMobile. I dont get calls from US and vonage numbers. Does not ring on phone and goes to Voice Mail directly. Tried calling from other networks, my call rings and goes to Voice Mail directly showing not available

@harrysidhu  - try (below and test between each)

• restarting your phone (edit as @0077 already mentioned)
  • toggling into airplane mode, then back again
  • remove your SIM card, then reinsert it
  • Reset of your Network Settings

harrysidhu

I have had this # on PM for last 6 months, even selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only does not work.

harrysidhu

No, I have been using for last 6 months

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @harrysidhu , if you just ported today, it will take couple days for all VoIP providers to find you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.