cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting a 6 number text when it says it sent

JakeQuenten
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you are connected to public mobile network why am I not receiving the 6 number code that I am told is being sent to me. I click resend and it doesn't send. I need this to get full access to my account. Anyone have any ideas? 

12 REPLIES 12

SarahSz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, I am still having issues with my phone and any account that uses Google or a password, since whoever it is has access to what I'm seeing on my screen. I ordered a new SIM and hopefully it'll be here by Tueaday at the latest. I still have service and access to PM account. But settings keep getting changed for apps (security and anti-virus app had all permissions removed several days in a row) and verification codes are coming from random landline numbers instead of proper sources. I will confirm SIM card number in the morning.

Emails not showing up in inbox.

Contact numbers being changed or altered.

Screenshots being deleted or corrupted so no longer viewable.

Passwords being changed.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Have you changed phone numbers by any chance?   It seems there is a problem in that if you change/port in a new phone number the system may keep sending the code to the previous number unless you change it in your Eversafe profile

@SarahSz  is your issue resolved now?

If not, then you have no PM service now?   Can you still login to My Account?  

The Facebook issue could be compromised via other means, unless you also notice your PM service is gone around the same time

and if you can login to My Account, check your Profile page, there is a sim card number there, check if the sim card number is the same as the one you are using now

If you need further help, provide us more details

SarahSz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM card may be compromised. Geek Squad at Best Buy can have a look to confirm for you. I just had to order a new one. Verification codes not showing up or being sent by strange telephone numbers. Lost access to Facebook nearly 2 weeks ago and still cannot recover because contact info has been changed. Not sure how SIM would've gotten compromised, same one for 5 years.

@JakeQuenten   if you tried all the workarounds above and nothing work, PM support will be your friend.  Message them :

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JakeQuenten

I did not get an email saying I am locked out. It literally just wont send me a text when other can...

@JakeQuenten check your email did you get mail from PM saying you’re locked out ? Is so you will have to wait n hour before trying again . And when you do try incognito private mode or different device . Also if trying on website try on app

If issues  persist please 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@JakeQuenten   are you in the process of activating new account?

Another potential workaround

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)

JakeQuenten

It will not give me that option unfortunately. Its weird. I can send and receive texts I am just not getting the text from Public Mobile to confirm my number 

JakeQuenten

It does not currently. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JakeQuenten  Try putting in the wrong code a couple times does it give you option for email instead 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JakeQuenten are you in the process of activation? 

and try this: On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.