cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting 2FA - security code to my gmail

j1m786
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am not getting the security code to reset my password. I checked spam and I have an issue with text so email is the only option for now. 

I have waited over 1 hour but the security code is nowhere to be found. 

All I need is to reset my password to access my account. 

6 REPLIES 6

@j1m786 

Contact CS_Agent to see if you can get your old number back. Do you still have the old SIM?

If not, you might want to stick with the new number rather than purchasing the old SIM and start the porting process again if your old account is still active.

@j1m786   you won't lose your original number because of porting failure, unless you stopped paying your old provider or you cancelled your old provider yourself

So, you called the porting team and working with them?  let us know how it goes

j1m786
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port a number, but the porting was unsuccessful, I lost the original number and access to my public mobile portal. I have been a new customer for 1 week. 

I am trying to get another number or something to get my active days back. 

Currently with customer service. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@j1m786 - are you a current customer?

You would not be a current customer, if you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, or ported your Public Mobile number to another provider, then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to My Account.

Dial 611 from your device, Or, when you call 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device) to see what the status says. If public mobile cannot find your number than the number and account is closed/gone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How certain are you that you're using the right email address? There's no check. You can type in anything.

What's the issue with text?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@j1m786  Ask support to help you regain access to your account 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.