cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being to call or message nor to text or receive texts

vdeganis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am having some problem that I don't really understand what the root it. I am trying to call a phone # and there is a message that says "cellular network not available". 

I am also unable to receive phone calls or texts. And I cannot text either. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you,

Virna

5 REPLIES 5

Mashie123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had a customer who had the same issue. Turns out her payment had not gone through, and her plan did not renew. If this is anew sim card, I would try and see if the sim card works in a different phone. If it works in a different phone and not yours, then your phone may be carrier locked. Hope this may help!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely your phone lost connection with cell tower.

Reboot your phone or try airplane mode off/on.

Let us know if any suggestion (from others and mine) helped you out!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@vdeganis 

Was your renewal last night? Call 611 to find out your account status. If your autopay failed you will have to make a manual top up payment by choosing "other" amount and confirming and submitting your payment.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @vdeganis   Check if your phone showing connected to PM network on the top of your phone screen.

Try to reboot the phone once.

If fails, try to change the network to 3G Only and see if it works

Also try to reseat the SIM if fails

If all fail, check if your phone is blacklisted: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vdeganis 

It sounds like your phone is not being able to connect to the cellular network. Have you tried turning off your SIM, removing it from the phone, putting it back, and then powering the phone back on?

You may also try using your SIM in another phone temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.