cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make or receive a phone call?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
    1. If you're not able to receive phone calls, check the following:
      1. Is your phone turned on? Ensure that the phone is on and ready to answer. We recommend you call your mobile number from another phone if one is available.
      2. Ensure you are within a Public Mobile coverage area. Please see our coverage maps for details.
      3. Ensure your account is in good standing. If you service has been suspended due to a missed payment when you place a call you will hear a recording that says “Sorry your telephone service is suspended.”
      4. Is the ringer on the phone loud enough to be heard? Check that the phone is not set to vibrate or low ring volume.
      5. Check that the phone is not set to Call Forward. Call Forward can be turned off by accessing call settings.
      6. Check to make sure the phone is not set to ‘auto answer’ (refer to user guide for details).
      7. Is the problem happening only when using a headset? If so, try without the headset.
    2. If you're unable to make outbound phone calls
      1. Ensure that you are subscribed to calling services and that you are dialing 10 digits (area code plus 7 digit number) when placing calls.
      2. Ensure you are within a Public Mobile coverage area.
      3. Ensure your account is in good standing. If you service has been suspended due to a missed payment when you place a call you will hear a recording that says “Sorry your telephone service is suspended.”
      4. If the call you are making is Canadian/US long distance, ensure that you have subscribed to long distance services and dial 1 plus the 10 digital number.
      5. If the issue is with calling an International number, then please ensure that you have Overseas Long Distance minutes remaining on your subscription and refer to the list of countries to which Overseas Long Distance calling is supported.
      6. Check if there is a problem with the number being dialled. Try dialling the same number from another mobile or landline phone.

78 REPLIES 78

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hello @zhuchangjun1

I'm sorry to hear about this! 

please send us a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card number so that we can help you! 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

zhuchangjun1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I get support?  How can I make my phone working? 

I never see sooo BAD service!

Phone doesn't work no support!!!

zhuchangjun1

My phone can not make a call or receive a call.

When make call, it said : Talk is not in your plan. 

However, from My Account, it is showing Talk is in the plan and Actually PAID.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mahontario

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? 

I will be glad to look into this for you.

Thanks @Rockdaddy22 😄

Shazia 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K maybe you could take a look at this.

mahontario

Hello,

The below was the start message from Public mobile:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.

Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

So I made the payment and the account is not reactivated and it's been several days since the payment was taken.

I have gone into Koodoo and they provided another automated number and could do nothing because I do not have the number.

So can you please refund my credit card.

Thanks

mahontario

Hello,

The below was the start message from Public mobile:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.
So I made the payment and the account is not reactivated and it's been several days since the payment was taken.
I have gone into Koodoo and they provided another automated number and could do nothing because I do not have the number.
So can you please refund my credit card.
Thanks

Phee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone called him and walked him through resetting his phone. 

Thanks!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Phee

I'm sorry to hear about this,

Can you please ask your dad to reboot his phone? everything should be working fine. 

Please let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Shazia

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
FYI, to edit your post for removing personal info, you can click on the three dots at the top right side of your original post and select 'edit post'.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hello Pheonia,
This is a public forum, so is recommend that you remove your phone number and account number from your post to avoid any potential issues.
Regarding your issue, it sounds like the port was not completed. You will likely need the help of one of the community moderators to see what's happening with your account. Someone will be online after 9am, so @Shazia_K or one of the other moderators should address your issues sometime today (wait time usually isn't too bad depending on the queue).

Phee

Hi, my dad's phone (which we ported from his telus account on Tuesday) was working fine until Friday. He is able to receive incoming calls, email (even when not on wifi), but is unable to dial out. within a second the call just ends. 

We tried the SIM on another phone and the same thing happens. Calls out. Goes beep beep. Then ends. 

Please help.

Thanks!

Pheonia

Rockdaddy22
@jaswest2754 a lot faster lol

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

We found the issue - we're looking into fixing it at the moment 🙂

@Mikevk, please view your private messages - you'll need to reactivate the account with your old service provider (unless you prefer a new phone number with us!)

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Rockdaddy22 I guess I just typed a bit faster 😛

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, should be a quick fix.

Mikevk
Thanks all! Private message sent.

Rockdaddy22
Send a message to Mary

Mikevk
Okay thanks@rockdaddy22!

Rockdaddy22
Mary beat me to it. Thanks Mary 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Ok, sounds like you have a failed port. I'd send a private message to a moderator and include
Sim number
Account number with previous provider
Phone number you want to transfer over

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Mikevk,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Let's get this fixed for you, can you please send me your phone number via private message? 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Sounds like your port didn't complete for some reason. So your number is on limbo do you have service with old carrier? It can be a number or reasons #1 being typos. Wait for a mod to reply and she will fix ya up.

Mikevk
I transfered my prior number*

Mikevk
I did transfer my new number, and when I call outbound people see the correct number. When people attempt to call me it says my number is out of service.

Rockdaddy22
So you're a new customer. Did you try and transfer your old number?

Mikevk
@Rockdaddy22 I'm not entirely sure what a port is. I have a new iPhone 7 plus, and I have public mobile showing as my carrier and my account was activated. I can make outbound calls, but no incaiming.

Mikevk
I'm not entirely sure what a port is. I have a new iPhone 7 plus, and I have public mobile showing as my carrier and my account was activated. I can make outbound calls, but no incaiming.

Rockdaddy22
Did you just attempt a port or anything?
Need Help? Let's chat.