cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Existent Costomer service

narovers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
To say that I am disappointed with Public Mobile would certainly be an understatement. However, to be fair, their coverage area, plans, and pricing are unmatched in the Canadian sector

What disappoints me is their so-called customer service. Yes, I do understand that to provide the cellular benefits they offer, it necessitates that they only offer online customer service. Visible by Verizon in the USA. uses the same approach, but you can always request a live agent for an online chat. And yes, they are always available but occasionally queued for up to 39 minutes. As long as you are patient, you always get to chat with a live agent. Not so with Public Mobile, you are constantly told no agents are available at this time and to try later

Since last February, on behalf of my family, I have transferred 5 mobile accounts from other Canadian carriers to Public Mobile. The first 3  consisted of 2 lines for myself and 1 for my daughter. The first 3 activated as expected with no obvious problems, However, the last 2  I arranged for my wife and her sister were, to put it mildly, a disaster. My wife cannot receive SMS texts on her iPhone 15  from anyone not using an iPhone to send her a text. Upon checking her iPhone settings regarding the SMS settings on her iPhone 15 is informing that it is verifying with her carrier, Public Mobile, her SMS credentials. Although her iPhone can make and receive calls with her Public Mobile cell plan without problems  My wife's sister on the other hand, even though her number porting request meets all of the criteria for porting her number is still not completed.  Her cell number which she is attempting to port is still active with her previous and it seems still a current carrier. To make matters worse she prepaid Public Mobile around $60 for a 3-month subscription.
I contacted Public Mobile via ticket for both my wife's and her sisters' cellular issues last Friday, April 26th.
As of today, April 30th, no response to either ticket has been received.

Today, my sister-in-law was charged for another month's prepaid service by her old and apparently current carrier.
I will now have to reimburse her for the $60 she paid to Public Mobile for her 3-month subscription.   
Obviously, at this time, I am not a booster of Public Mobile.
Narovers

3 REPLIES 3

Ted1695
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a major issue and I can't get hold of anyone at PM.

I tried to switch a friend from Fido to PM and, for some reason, PM decided to use his LANDLINE phone number instead of his cell phone number. They started charging my friend's Visa card. We can not get into his account because the Code for "Full Access" is send to his landline and we can not get at the code!! This issue would be easily resolve by talking to someone but it's impossible!!

We don't know what to do, very frustrating, to say the least.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It is interesting and puzzling how PM works perfectly for some and frustrates others.

PM clearly states that its support is ALL on-line and most issues are handled by customers who participate in Community.
Account issues are handed by PM employees through ticketing system.

My case:
- I was well aware support is on-line only before signing up. I was OK with that even though I had absolutely NO experience with mobile services or phones at that time.
- I did open about 10 tickets for last 3 years and ALL were replied in timely manner and resolved within hours or days.
- Never had an issue with service being that texting/calls or data.
- Rewards were attractive and did help to lower my monthly bill. Switching to Points IS VERY disappointing but even with that minor perk PM is still lowest priced mobile provider (considering very basic plan which is now exactly what it should be - unlimited calls and SMS in/out).

Before purchasing any product or service thorough research has to be done. If you buy certain brand/model of a car just reading advertisement there is no point yelling and complaining later 'louse car, it has no adaptive cruise, no 10 USB ports, no this, no that'.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ Sorry to hear of all your troubles.  Is frustrating and disappointing for sure.  They say that tickets are faster than messages but since you haven't heard back yet,  then try private message.  Work with them as best as possible to solve the issues identified. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

For the number that didn't port successfully I will send you private message with a phone number to call to check and see if they can help.

There was an announcement two weeks ago regarding SMS and FaceTime, imessages being broken and they are working on a fix.

There was also another announcement also two weeks ago regarding high volumes. 

It all does not look good for sure😒

Need Help? Let's chat.